Does anyone know anything about this amp?

Username: Witchywoman3817

Post Number: 1
My friend got me an Interfire IF 4700C, mistakenly thinking it was a 1700w amp. I can only find one article on it, which is about 6 years old, and since I don't know that much about amps, I don't really understand the specs they gave with it. From what I can tell though, its not going to be powerful enough to push one of my subs, let alone both. (2 12" 1242w Infinity Reference, 300wRMS) Does anyone know anything at all about this amp? Besides "59 watts x 4 into 4 ohms or 177 watts x 2 into 4 ohms in a bridged configuration" Like 2 ohm capable, etc? Any help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Silver Member
Username: Aman2005

Patiala, Punjab India

Post Number: 351
I think thats a 4 channle amp, isnt it?

Gold Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 1031
Not going to be much help to you if your subs are dual 4 ohm coils.

It would be servicable if they're single 4's.

On ebay that amp should get you decent money if it's in good shape. Help ya come up with something more capable.

Post Number: 2
Yes, it's a 4 channel and yes, they are dual 4 ohm voice coils. Do u know about how much the Interfire would be worth? It's in great shape, not even any scratches on it. Looks brand new. Can anyone tell me what kinds of things I should be looking for in an amp? Crutchfield only pointed me towards a specific amp, Rockford Fosgate, that was a little out of my price range at the time. Thank you for all your help so far!

Silver Member
Username: Aman2005

Patiala, Punjab India

Post Number: 352
how much budget you have? you need 300 wrms or 300 wrms per sub i.e. 600 wrms? I couldnt found the configuration of that subs. Please clarify

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 3593
you need 600w rms at 2 ohms. Audiobahn a8000V or a8000T

Gold Member

Post Number: 3594
sorry forget that post^^^^ you need 600w rms at 1 ohm. I'd look into an audiobahn a80002T or a8002V and bridge it

Post Number: 3
Thank you guys for everything so far! I believe its 300wrms per sub. I don't want to limit myself by having a specific budget. I'm realistic enough to know that a good amp is an investment and going to cost me a little and I don't want to get a cheap one. I'm not in to replacing things every few months. I don't need competition sound either, though. I just like to listen to my music loud and clear with a little thump. So, dumb question, forgive me, I learned basic electronics in the Navy, but not how it relates to speakers persay. What is the difference in the ohms, 4, 2, etc? And does anyone know anything about that Interfire? Even just how much it is worth now? All input is appreciated!

Post Number: 4
Oh! I'm sorry, I'm going to ask another dumb question, related to the one above. As far as the audiobahns, the a8002v has 200 wrms X 2. Is that enough? I thought I had to have 300. I really don't understand exactly how it all works. And I couldn't find the a80002t except on this forum. Is it supposed to be a8002t? I'm sorry for all the stupid questions! I really appreciate your patience.

Post Number: 5
I found a link for my speakers, for anyone having trouble finding them. http://www.carsound.com/reviews/amps/if4700c.html
Hope this helps at all. Thanks again for the help!

Gold Member

Post Number: 3604
try getting a phoenix gold xenon 600.1 from www.onlinecarstereo.com
or
www.woofersetc.com

You can always use ebay

Post Number: 6
Thanks for the heads up! Is there anyway this Interfire amp would work? Maybe depending on how I wired the voice coils, with one sub, at the lower end of the suggested power scale? Anything? Thanks in advance for your help!

Gold Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 1033
if you use that amp the best option would be to wire the coils in series making each sub 8 ohms and bridge the amp. That would be 100-120w per sub.

Ebay price - hard to say being an auction, but maybe $80-$100 shipped depending on condition and how good of a seller you are.

Post Number: 7
Thank you!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us