DD breaks 185 Db in South American Competition!!!!!!!!!

Silver Member
Username: Sinful_systems70

Post Number: 112
Apparently A vehicle with two 18" Digital Designs hit a 185.1 Db and there is a video of it here: http://www.realmofexcursion.com/videos.html at the bottom of the competition videos list.
This is the discription of the video: "South America world record being set, 185.1 dB, with two 18" Digital Design subs powered by a eight Digital Designs Z2 amps.
Filmed by VOODOO "

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is incredible, if its true. Can't see vehicle in vid or the stereo system. I know that DD is outstanding in performance car audio but this vid is questionable. Haven't looked aroud for any other info. What do you guys think?

Silver Member

Post Number: 126
Anyone care to give an opinion on the Z2 amps?

Gold Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 1023
I'm no genius, but the pioneer van had more than twice the power AND displacement and barely cracked 180.

185 seems a tad out of line to me.

They either have some rigged displays, rigged mics or highly ususual atmospheric properties down south.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 2088
well the z2s are supposed to be awesome amps 6000rms each so 8 of those is 48000rms but i doubt there was a charging system to support that much power.

plus that mic wasnt a term lab unless it was hooked up to some werid display.

but that dds get loud as hell alan dante i think it was hit 170+ with 1 9918

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 3567
well, sooner or later someone will break that record. In the future, you might see a lot of power plants just to bump the music.

A lot of guys here do that. They even use electricity generators(transformers from the streets) and steal them to bump their music. That's really sick bro

Gold Member

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 1029
The hard core comptitors can get the current if they want it. I remember seeing Alma Gates' bronco at usaci (or was it iasca?) worlds a couple years back. There was a bout a 4x4' aluminum plate in front of the motor holding like 12 300A alts. Current isn't a problem for people trying to set world spl records.

Still - comparing 170dB to 180 is like comparing a car that can do 150 to one that can do 200.

Comparing 180dB to 185 is like that 200 mph car vs. a top fuel dragster.

Silver Member

Post Number: 138
The pioneer truck was not as modified as the DD truck and I don't know about the meters. Check out the pics of the DD truck. http://forum.soundpressure.com/showthread.php?t=2357

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 2100
yeah i know there is a huge differecne in 185 vs 170 but i was just saying what one of those subs did.

anyway yeah i remember that bronco your talking about. but the mic wasnt a TL anyway it was an ac mic and those can be easly changed to give false readings

Gold Member

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 1030
that's obviously a ridiculous amt of power, and I'm sure it's crazy loud -- but still - how long were guys flirting with 180?? And finally ONE got it done -- and a few months later someone does a legit 185??
Theoretically that should require 4x the power or displacement, but both were less than 1/2.

Something doesn't add up.

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 2103
opti - how do you see the power as less then half those amps will do 48000rms and if they were running a 16v system even more around 64000 i dont recall how much scott owens was running but i doubt it was double that^^

Silver Member

Post Number: 142
Pioneer website claims he runs over 157,000 watts on a 16 volt system.

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 2105
wow nevermind i didnt think it was over 100k but damn who knows but the thing is people that have never used DD really doubt them and honestly they are extreamly impressive. i doubt they really hit 185 but still i bet its up there
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us