JL Audio Amp Question

Username: Dudeman5000

Post Number: 3
I have an JL Audio E2150 2 channel camp that is currently bridged to power 1 12" boston acoustic sub. Recently my protection light has not been illuminating, although i have power to the amp and it still works it doesnt have the same power as it used to. Im not sure if this is an issue with the ground wire, or wires touching in the car. Also the RCA cable has to pluged into either the left or right channel on the amp. I pluf both cables into left and right I get nothing out of the sub. whats happening here?

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1349
When bridged, it supplies 150watts into a 4 ohm load or 90 watts into an 8 ohm load. If you have a duel 4 ohm voice coil, and were running it at 2 ohm, you probly damaged the amp. And left /right is for stereo. When you bridge it your in mono mode.

Post Number: 5
So if its in mono mode where should the RCA cables be plugged into for it to work correctly?

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4341
input on the amp is where the amps RCA's should be

Post Number: 6
thing is tho if i plug in both left and right right rca's into the imputs on my amp i get nothing out of the subs. but if i plug either one of the left or rights into the pre-outs i get sound its weird. for instance ill have 1 in the right for the imput and one in the right for the pre-outs and thats the only way im getting sound.

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1356
Plug em in here ok?

Upload

Post Number: 8
bro thats where i pluged them in the first time. when i plug them in right and left I get no sound.

the amplifier only works when theres 1 out of the 2 rca's plugs in the imputs ( like you have shown above) and the other rca in the line outs (to the right)its weird. Im trying to figure out why it's happening.

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1364
Ok, lets start from the top. What HU is it? How did you wind up with 2 rca? Most HU only have a single sub out, In my casy I "Y" the rca at the hu and now have 2 at amp. Is that how you did it?

HU----<==========Amp

Post Number: 9
it's an alpine cda-9855 head unit. i talked to a guy today at a car audio shop and to make a long story short he seems to think that theres a circuitry problem, and that I should just use the amp until it "shits the bed". then ill probably toss it off my roof and see what happens to test the durability of it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us