Amp setup

Bronze Member
Username: Nolimiy

Post Number: 37
Honestly I had no idea where the hell I would post this thread and since it has to do with my amp I figured this was as good a place as any. I was considering the setup of my system in the trunk of my car. It sort of flares out towards the rear of the car and I was thinking of using plexiglass to do away with the flares and make the trunk a rectangle. I was then going to mount the sub amp on the left and the component amp on the right, on the plexiglass of course. The thing I people have been telling me theres no real advantage of powering my components once I get my amp. I already have 2 Type R 12s in a box that I just bought for $300. I will sell the infinity 7541a once I get the sub amp because if these people are right I won't need it.

Now that I've explained the setup the question is this: I don't want to plexiglass both sides off and have 1 amp installed - that would mess up the looks of the system. What do you guys think about me installing my amp on the rear decklid? So when you open the trunk its staring you in the face? I figure this way the amp would have more airflow around it and be closer to the air outside as well. The dimensions of the amp (infinity 1211a) are as follows:
18.5 (L) x 12 (H) x ~3(D) and it weighs 18 lbs.

Have you guys ever seen this done? And what are the pros and cons for doing this?

As always thanks for your help

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4323
you need an amp to power your comps. without an amp, the comps would be basically useless.

im not sure exactly what you mean with the plexi and stuff... you can do what you want, and place the amp where you want, anywhere expet ON the box itself is a fine place.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us