AMP wires

Username: Bryan333

Post Number: 2
can anyone link me to some good 500watt amp wires? My subs can hit 500watts rms, but the guy at circuit city only gave me 350 watt amp wires :/

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana DD 9515d~~]...

Post Number: 3893
http://knukonceptz.com/productDetail.cfm?prodID=eKo-K4

that amp kit will get the job done for you.

Post Number: 3
alright, im kinda new at this stuff though. The 350 watt amp wires will only peak my subs at 350 watts rms correct?

Post Number: 4
edit: can wires above 500watts still work at 500watts?

I talked to a guy from circuit city and he said I need 4 gauge wires. I check on their site and I found these, http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Tsunami-Amplifier-Power-Kit-AMP850BL/sem/rpsm/oid /71672/catOid/-13120/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

it says there 850 watts, but is that just the peak amount of watts? can they be used at 500watts?

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1341
Its the Size and length of the wire that determines the current carrying capacity.
This chart shall help you.

http://www.cardiscountstereos.com/WireGuide.asp

Post Number: 5
Alright so they will work? the wires that I posted from circuit city will be ok for a 500watt RMS sub?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3895
yes...you should use a 4ga amp kit for 400-800wrms

what amp do you have?

that Tsunami amp kit will work...but why buy a $75 amp kit w/ no RCA's when you can get the one i suggested w/ RCA's for $26+ship???

Post Number: 6
I bought a decent package from circuit city. Its two 12" subs and the amp is from the same brand.

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Magnum-Dual-12-Loaded-Enclosure-Magna-Bass-Amplif ier-Combo/sem/rpsm/oid/162819/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

its my first system so dont laugh if its nothing amazing :/

I have an appointment on sat to get them installed so I cant really buy anything offline :/

Gold Member

Post Number: 3898
ok...

save yourself $40...go to walmart and grab a 4ga amp kit for ~$35.

Post Number: 7
are those wires not worth the price? I want good wires, so if theyre not worth the price then i'll get different ones

Gold Member

Post Number: 3899
$75 is a very high price for a 4ga amp kit...they are prolly good wires, but over priced.

for your system...the 4ga kit at walmart will get the job done.

Post Number: 8
Alright, thanks.

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1343
Real reviews of that system,
"this beats like i cant explain "
"Sounds like 5,000 watts of power in my Mustang 2005!!!! "
ROFL....

Bryan, As you get into car stereo you will probably want to upgrade soon. I would suggest getting the extended service plan, wait, save, and learn more about car audio. Return that stuff for store credit or cash and buy something else.
Everyone starts somewhere. 2 12" Subs with an amp for $100 bucks is not an expensive lesson. Good luck. And if you need any future help you know where to find us.

Post Number: 9
yeah i know.....im not looking to get anything crazy though. I just want something that will put out a decent amount of bass to even out the sound with my new speakers

Post Number: 10
I wasnt even planning on getting woofers. I blew the speakers in my car, so my first plan was to just buy speakers but the guy at circuit city told me about those so I thought what the hell and just bought em. with the speakers, wires, two subs, and installation it costed me almost $600 and I dont even have a job :/

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1346
Slick saleman.
Man, for $600 you could have gotton a pretty decent system.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
lol marc be honest how bad are they? I've never owned a system before so I wasnt looking to go all out on my first one. I just hope it will give a decent amount of bass....I dont need my trunk to rattle.....yet :D
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us