Amp and speakers..... any suggestions?

Username: King33

Post Number: 1
hey, yall have any suggestions on some 6x9 and 6.5 speakers and possibly an amp to power them(if needed)? I just want it to be loud and if i can i'd like to get some bass out of it without having to buy subs.}

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4287
there are soooooooooo many speakers out there. you cna look in the speaker section and have someone help you out there :-)

i like MB quart speakers, if i were you, i wuld look into some good comps up front, and get them powered by an amp... and then get a sub and another amp. a good quality sound system in nothing without the low frequency subwoofer :-)

Post Number: 2
If i want to power four speakers, how many watts does my amp need to be, and do I power them closer to the rms wattage, or the max power?

thanx

Post Number: 4
would you recommend just replacing the 6x9's or getting the adapters, and putting in some 6.5's?

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 3537
you power them closer to the rms rating or equal. Forget about max power.

You can change those 6x9 if you want. But rearfill is note necessary, read about rearfill on www.wickedcases.com made by glasswolf.

Check old school 4 channel amps for components like ppi, hifonics, orion...

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 3265
interior speakers are not meant to be used for bass,

Post Number: 5
So it sounds like I need highs lows and mids. highs are from tweeters, lows are obviosly from subs, are the mids from my door speakers?

Post Number: 6
does it make a difference where everything is installed, or can i put it where ever?

thanx

Post Number: 7
would 240 watts be enough for my amp to power the speakers?

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4316
you need to look at the rms of the speakers, then go from there. the best option would be to get a nice component set for up front, powered by an amp

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 10016
if u dont want a big expensive setup buy a 5 channel ampp which will power ur 4 sp & 5th channel will power a low wattage sub ...

Post Number: 8
How are eclipse amps? I don't want anything that's crap.
Thanx

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4317
what one are you looking at? they are pretty nice, elipse makes some nice products, i am not very familiar with how their amps perform tho

Post Number: 9
I was looking at this one on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Eclipse-5-Channel-960w-Amp-in-LIKE-NEW-conditon_W 0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ38638QQihZ008QQitemZ180055302286QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDV W

Silver Member
Username: Skies

Courtenay, British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 343
"interior speakers are not meant to be used for bass"

midbass is considered bass...

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4336
i think he meant not for a main bass alternative to a subwoofer. i know alot of people who think if they get some 6 x 9's, they are going to have sooo much bass in there car, lol

Username: Hhs_kid

Post Number: 4
Look, if you want low deep bass, you'll need a sub no matter what. The tweeters take care of the highs which are really directional, the mids take care of like the voices and most music, and the subs for bass. Yes, you can get ok bass from 6x9s but it won't get loud and will not be sound quality bass. It will be muddy, distorted bass. Rearfill is just a filler for some sounds in the rear but most, if not all, of your music should be coming from the front stage. We can't tell where bass comes from so just put the subs in the trunk.
As for getting speakers that get loud, that's up to your ears to decide. Just stick with reputable brands and none of that cheap sh*t. Yes, you will need to power your speakers with a seperate amp for optimum performance and it will need to be at least the rms rating but don't go more than 5 watts over rms rating. It's better to overpower your speakers/subs by a little bit than to underpower them at all.
Sorry for a long post but hey, go and listen to speakers you like and want. Personally, I have Polk db650's because they're cheap and have pretty good sq. My subs are the Polk db212-2 box powered by their 500.1 amp. My speakers are powered by a Kicker 350.4 amp. There are many good, cheap brands out there so you won't be disapointed.

Post Number: 10
Thanx

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 3284
how about a memphis setup, Pr sereis,,6.5, 6xp and 100.4 amp for $380 delivered with warranty
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us