Need help with Remote WIre

Username: Edsel

Post Number: 1
I just had a guy hook my wiring up in my 95 monte carlo and he didnt know crap...i bought myself a powerbass amp and i need to know if the remote wire isnt hooked up right will it make the amp not get any power because some reason none of my amps ive tried is gettin power for the amp but u know there eletric going threw it because it sparks if the ground isnt right...so why isnt my amp gettin turned on if anybody can help please do......

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 3252
the remote wire, take a test light and see if there is power when you turn the radio on. it should be hooked up to behind the radio if you have an aftermarket radio, and if not it can go to the fuse block on a switched fuse, like the radio fuse.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1305
the rem should be wired to the HU rem lead. Try jumping the rem. Use a small oiece of wire from the amps power to the amps rem terminal. Does it turn on? If so recheck the rem connections at the HU. If not, recheck the power wire. and ground connections. Power should come straight from the battery. Ground amp with in 18 inches of amp to clean bare metal. and rem from HU to rem terminal on amp.

Post Number: 2
its a clarion actually if that helps any

Post Number: 3
I also just check the wiring this guy did he put a screw threw the audio wire will that make a differnce duh yeah i know it will but will that have something too do with the power too the amp that im not sure

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4262
does the amp turn on? like its getting power? he put a screw through the audio wire? what wire is that

Post Number: 4
amp dont turn on... its the input output audio cables do u know what i mean dang its on the tip of my tongue

Silver Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 592
RCA's?

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4263
lol. yea, it's RCA's. he put a screw through it? one side should plug into the back of the HU, and th e other end should just plug into the amp

Silver Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 594
If he put a screw through an RCA he owes you a new RCA...

Bronze Member
Username: Moondogg1212

Post Number: 72
i dont use the REM wire on HU's i just tap into the ACC/IGN wire. power as soon as the key is turned on. lol.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us