Amp Problem?

Silver Member
Username: Cplaya280

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 338
I just replaced my 1 blown kicker l7 with a brand new one and it was working great for like 1 day. then outta nowhere the amp just keeps cutting out whenver the bass hits. Even at extremley low volume i can have the music as low as possible and turn the bass on a tab but as soon as the bass hits the amp shuts off again. the red protection light comes on whenver teh bass hits. I checked all the wiring so I know its not that. I know the thing was i was playing my blown sub for like 3 weeks because I didnt have a sub to replace it at the time becuz i have 2 12" l7s so i was wondering by playing my system with one blow sub can that mess up the amp at all. any suggestions. i checked all wiring in the box and out of the box idk what the next step I should do.

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4232
it could possibly be a bad ground, but assuming your system ran fine before, i would think so...

playing the amp with one bown sub wouldnt do anything i dont think anywayzz.

Is your red protection light come on really quxkly when the bass cuts off, and ur amp turns off?

first step: turn your gain down -- this is most likely the problem

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 339
I turned the gain down to and it still does it so yes when the bass hits the red light comes on right away and then turns green again and as soon as another bass note hits it does it again, even if the volume is at very very very low and i turn the bass on a little bit it still does it. so u think by playing the amp with one bad sub wouldnt harm the amp cuz i know when i played it for a while I could deff smell the blown sub throughout my car it was nasty. I didnt change nothing in my setup either thats why this is wierd to me. I mean i did like move my amp around a lot and like flip it upside and stuff like that so i could take my big box out of my trunk like 3 times to recheck all the wiring and to change the blown sub.

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 340
bump

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 3470
maybe your sub is wired to a lower load and your amp is not stable.

Username: Brian1988

Post Number: 1
i just got an amp from a guy a little while ago (legacy 2400watt blue dimond amp) and it was workin great then the other day it started to make my speaks make a distored noise, and i tried the speaks on another system and they worked good i was wonderin if it is fried or what could someone pls help me ..... and has anyone have any promblem with that kind of amp

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 3474
maybe the gain... Legacy is bad but at least gives accurated rms power.

They put 1200w max but they post 300w rms at 2 ohms for example and the amp does put 300w rms at 2 ohms.

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 3240
if that sub is a dual 4 ohm sub and that is a 2 channel amp and you have it bridged, that is the problem..

Username: Brian1988

Post Number: 2
k thanks for your help people .... another thing is i have been havin truble with keepin enought power to run it , it drains a battery really bad ... should i get a capasitator , i run the amp off a seperate battery cuz i found i was killin my main battery... just wonderin wa i should do ...

Username: Ben00

Perth, Wa Aus

my front right channel stoped working why

Username: Kris_tye

ive got a splx double 8inch boom box 200watts and a splx 350 watt amp powering thm when i was installin it i did a test run and everythin worked perfect but now ive finished installin everything nothing works ive got power goin to the amp koz all the lights r on but ther is nothing goin through to my boom box plaese help.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us