Trell's Install in progress...

Silver Member
Username: Devastation101

Audioque SD2.5-ville, HENDERSON, NC US of A

Post Number: 283
10:07 PM-
Ok guys, here's basically the startup for my install. I got the SD2.5s, almost done with the box. Just need an amp, I'm in the market for 1200-2000 watts and spending no more than $220 hopefully. Also, any suggestions on how to cover the box, I really don't wanna use carpet, after all this is a custom box. I was thinking of burgundy vinyl, but any suggestions would help! Enjoy until next update!

**Big step up from these...
subs.jpg
...to these!!!
Nov15_0004.jpg
Nov17_0002.jpg

*****************Progress********************
Nov21_00011.jpg
Nov21_00031.jpg
Nov21_00041.jpg
**That's an 18 ounce bottle in the port!!**
Nov21_00051.jpg

**That White Guy is my soon to be father in law! lol**

Silver Member
Username: Highstone

Post Number: 315
man.. pictures are not so fun. "when u can't see them" lol.. try to fix it.. i wanna see em..

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 1738
|2ape! .. the pics are not working!

Silver Member

Post Number: 284
10:07 PM-
Ok guys, here's basically the startup for my install. I got the SD2.5s, almost done with the box. Just need an amp, I'm in the market for 1200-2000 watts and spending no more than $220 hopefully. Also, any suggestions on how to cover the box, I really don't wanna use carpet, after all this is a custom box. I was thinking of burgundy vinyl, but any suggestions would help! Enjoy until next update!

**Big step up from these...
Upload

...to these!!!
Upload
Upload

*****************Progress********************
Upload
Upload
Upload
**That's an 18 ounce bottle in the port!!**
Upload

**That White Guy is my soon to be father in law! lol**

Silver Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 559
lookin good man!

Silver Member

Post Number: 286
bump! Dag, does anybody like pics? lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 288
bump

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 10313
u got a white one??? ME 2!!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 289
lol, Yea Chauncey!

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

KY More Wang Th...

Post Number: 2936
thatsa big damn port...
ur system will BUMP dude

Silver Member

Post Number: 291
thanks WH, any good amps you know for sale?

Silver Member
Username: Eseesai

Post Number: 272
i like that box its looking really tight....those subs are gonna pound like hell that nice dogg....

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 9885
NICE BOX so far !

i like how u said "that white guy..." .......

Silver Member

Post Number: 292
lol, Yea I know it's just a joke though. Mr. B^^ is like my second father! Plus I'm engaged to his daughter! lol

BTW, This is my FIRST BOX EVER!!!!

Silver Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 264
i like it, spent alot of time on it, or so it looks it

Silver Member
Username: Mvplefty12

Pinellas, FLA America

Post Number: 279
Trell, whats ur budget for and amp and whats the vc configs on them bad boys... Nice job by the way.

Gold Member
Username: Troy81

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 1371
i think your an idiot

Silver Member
Username: Kenwa

Post Number: 590
Hey trell, if those subs are dual 4 ohms then i have an amp i could sell you that would be perfect for them. Its a memphis MC1000D and it does 1100rms at 1 ohm. $280 shipped

Silver Member

Post Number: 293
Yea, the subs are Dual 4ohms.

Silver Member

Post Number: 294
"i think your an idiot??"

Troy WTF is up with that?

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

SubBassMidBass

Post Number: 8909
Nice box Trell. that thing is built like a coffin. :-):-):-)

Silver Member
Username: Splmonster

Nowhere, OH USA

Post Number: 568
wow dude that thing is a monster, nice build, what color is ur suv? u should wrap it in that color vinyl... im guessin burgundy, like u said up their, if so thatd look tight as hell

Silver Member
Username: Johammbass

IRL

Post Number: 684
Noooo, make it a one big BLING box, chrome that mother LMFAO.
All you SPL guys don't give a fak if the box resonates LOL.
Proper thing to do would be carpet it, BUT then it will resonate less and wild not be as loud (inaccurate):-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 295
Yea, the vinyl wouldn't be a bad idea. I'm first concerned with an amp. I went to a dealer today, outrageous prices. They only had one amp running 1000w+ and that was that damn 1000/1!

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 3043
thats why my autotek 2000.1 is the best deal for 400 bucks it is solid and def underrated unlike the rest oft he amps ur prob looking at for like 100 bucks cheaper which have poor quality and thats why there so cheap.

Silver Member

Post Number: 296
Ok, guys... will somebody please sell me an amp to power these things! I have $220 max to spend. Not a lot, but I think I can get a good amp with that! Please help me out, I can't go to much higher cause of Christmas, still gotta get my Fiance's and Sons' gift! lol

Silver Member
Username: J_baby15

Kentucky

Post Number: 886
Hifonics is budget amps.

Save up a lil more and get that Memphis mentioned above. THey have nice amps.

How many watts you wanting to run/

Gold Member
Username: B101

DD, RE, FI, TREO, KICKERUSA

Post Number: 3974
dude just sit that box in the closet or bassment untill you can power it correctly!

Charlie has a 2000d amp for 400$ which is really hard to beat! with your 220$ i would just save that... REALLY!

220 on amp aint gonna be no good man!

Silver Member

Post Number: 297
See that's the thing, I don't want to run too many watts right now, I'm not ready to upgrade my electrical system yet! I was thinking 1000-1500!

Silver Member

Kentucky

Post Number: 895
THeres 1000watt Memphis on ebay for 200+shipping.

Silver Member

Post Number: 298
Thanks!

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 3051
trell trust us its not worth it i dont care if u buy my amp or not man. Its just ur gonna lose money if u buy a small amp cause then u will have to buy a new one after that. jmo u should save to get what u want or u will b kicking urslef later trust us. and just to let u know the reason amps are so pricy is because they are pretty much the work horse in the system if they suk everything does just the way it is

Silver Member

Post Number: 299
Ok, well I guess you guys are right. I should have enough money by Dec. 17th to get a good amp. I'm planning on competing in a Comp in Roanoke Rapids, NC that sunday. Thanks for the advice. Unless I run across a sure enough good deal, I guess I'll wait! lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 300
In the mean time, here are some more pics of my box.

**Trevor, you aren't the only one who can stand in your box! j/k**

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

AQ HD3!!, CA United States

Post Number: 1062
First logan, then me, and then you. We all have the same type of box style. Almost the same sizes. Logan has the same subs as you though. I have the HD3's. but when looking at your box, its a whole lot cleaner than mines.

Silver Member

Post Number: 302
Thanks berny, I've just been making sure I take my time, after all this is my first box! I can't take all the credit though, my fiance's father made all the cuts for me, so the edges all line up smoothly! BTW, that's polyurethane. I was informed that acoustically, the air flow will be a lot smoother.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1063
the box is polyurethane? or the thing your laying it down with, the wet thing? I thought that was fiberglass resin.

Silver Member

Post Number: 304
lol, nah not the box. The wet stuff, that's poly-u. I put on a thick coat first, going to smooth that out with a wet sand, and then apply another light coat. That guy in the pic up there is a freakin Wood Master, no h0m0! lol Seriously, he can build his a55 off and know's just about anything to everything about woodcrafting. BTW, should I go ahead and get this amp off of this guy? https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/for-sale/293540.html

Gold Member

Post Number: 1064
The guy knows what he's talking about. but he's new to the forum and I wouldn't trust him as of yet. Could be a scammer. I have the same amp as he does. and asking 175 plus shipping is a little to much. Plus that amp will only push out *from what I heard* only 80-85% of 1500rms at 1ohm. I have the amp, and honestly its okay. I would get a more decent amp. Chad has a kx1200.1 for 275 shipped, it'll do around 1400rms which is more than what that hifonics will do. As of right now IMO, Chads deal on that kicker amp is the only thing I know of thats going for around that much power and will power your sd's nicely. That amp would usually cost 300-400 new and around 275+ shipping on ebay.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1065

I would check this out on ebay. If it exceeds the maximum your able to pay or exceed 275 shipped then your best bet will be Chads kx1200.1.

Silver Member

Post Number: 305
thanks berny! hopefully everything works out for me!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1066
Same here, I look forward to some video's =).

Gold Member

Post Number: 3976
whats the name of the store in Ranoke Rapids, NC thats having the comp?? is it Supreme Audio?? those are my buds up there... :-)

anyways the poly-u will help a little, but I would have invested 30$ in a gallon of resin and get it done correct!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 306
Yea we have resin in the shop too. We were honestly just talking about that like an hour ago! We'll prolly do that later on this morning. Just one coat though because the satin finish I put on is kinda smooth already! But yea, I think thats the store B, ask "Goin Deaf". He knows more about the store than I do!

Silver Member

Post Number: 308
Supreme Audio
1186 Julian Allsbrook Hwy.
Roanoke Rapids, NC 27870
Tel: 252-535-5000
Fax: 252-535-5900
Additional Event Information:
This event will be a 1x(Triple) point event held in conjunction with a 1x NSPL and 1x MECA event as well. Show starts at 12:00 and eliminations are at 2:30 p.m.

Yea B it is Supreme Audio, that's the info for it there.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3981
yea, my boi is the manager up there Devino and Sunny... Tell the Devino B from Dream Makers said wsup... :-) He might help you out with a big amp for the show...

not bad for your 1st comp, 1X you can learn alot... good luck...

Silver Member

Post Number: 309
Thanks! Quick question are all Memphis amps any good? Better yet, is this a good deal...if so please don't bid! lol

http://cgi.ebay.com/MEMPHIS-CAR-AUDIO-16-MCD1000-1100W-MONO-AMP-MCD-1000_W0QQite mZ330051555030QQihZ014QQcategoryZ18797QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Silver Member

Post Number: 321
Well, it looks like I finally got an amp to push those 2.5s.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1067
good choice. Glad to hear you finally found an amp.

Silver Member

Post Number: 324
Thanks berny! I'm glad too!

Silver Member

Post Number: 325
Here's some more pics. I honestly began to think that the box was going to be too big for my cargo area, but I'm glad it wasn't. It fits like a glove! Can't to actually do some installing though!

Upload
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 776
Looks like way too much box for me :-( Especially for those subs.I have seen 4 DDs in a box about half that size hitting low 160s legal so...I dunno looks exactly like Logan's box and for some reason he chose to get rid of his audioques :-( I blame that over-sized box personally but I've never done an install with those subs or heard them so...I guess my opinion is void.

Silver Member

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 777
Oh by the way don't forget to apply some resin over that paint you did on that port.That will definately strain your airflow a tiny bit but...on the TL every tenth of a DB counts right?:-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 327
Yea, Rob that Design came from DJ himself! He told me that he had guys using the same box with the same subs hitting 150's easily and LEGAL. All using only the RMS power rating!! And as far as burping them, it just gets a lil better! So you really can't say that the box is oversized. Well you can, but like you said that's just your opinion. And Logan is getting rid of his setup because he needs more room in his SUV. Room isn't a big deal for me when it comes to my Explorer, I have 2 more cars to drive! But yea, the resin will be put on this afternoon, I have to wait until my pops-in-law straighten ups his shop so I can put the box back in there.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3987
I also think Rob has a good point... a box that size is enuff for 4 15"s to get at 150!!

you are using the same size box with less power and subs... which makes it lil more efficent. big box with little power... yes it will be loud...

but it can be louder in a smaller box with more power! the box doesnt need to be that big is what Rob is saying.

but its doin, what you want it to do, which is avoid using too much power and still gettin loud...

Silver Member

Post Number: 331
Ok, true, I guess! lol See you gotta understand, this will be my first box ever building. I'm still in that learning stage! lol I'm just going by what I was instructed, well informed about! Sorry Rob, wasn't trying to be too much of a Smart @$$

Silver Member

Kentucky

Post Number: 917
Have you heard it yet? what amp you gettin?

Silver Member

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 780
Nah it's cool Trell I didn't think you were being a smart@ss at all.It's all good :-) Anyhow when it's all done let us know how it sounds and maybe even get some numbers for us.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1083
Yeah I want to hear what you think of that box design also, bc I'm no where near finished with my audio setup :D. Nice new pictures, I like I like.

Silver Member

Post Number: 333
Jordan, nah I haven't heard it just yet...I'm going crazy just anticipating. But I bought a Memphis 16MCD1000. So hopefully it'll do those subs justice. And yea Rob and Berny, hopefully I'll be posting some numbers around Dec. 17. What are you designing berny?

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 9969
u do some nice work there fellow same birthday guy - see ! i told u us dec 6th ppl r very special peeps indeedy ......

Gold Member

Post Number: 1087
I guess you haven't seen my box yet trell.....thats sad! lmao. The box is about 85% done, all thats left is to resin the inside and carpet it. heres a picture of how my setup will be like.

Upload
Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 334
Hey berny, have you heard it inside the car yet? How are you going to resin it since you have the top of the box already on?

**Yea, you're right Rovin!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1095
Pour in the resin, tilt the box and let the resin flow, and then brush it, if need be. Not to worried about resining the top. But I'll have to see once I get the resin =). And nope haven't heard it inside the car yet. They way you see it in the picture is where the box still sits today.

Silver Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 601
I live in Rocky Mount so Imma try and be in Roanoke Rapids man. Box is lookin good

Silver Member

Post Number: 336
Thanks Andrew...yea, I'll definitely be out there! I can't wait, well actually I can't wait until my damn amp gets here! lol

Silver Member
Username: Cashby

Post Number: 110
i like that bernyMAC...are those orion 2500d's ?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1107
lol nah man, those are massiveaudio p3000.1's

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Post Number: 2792
Nice!!! i cant wait to get your review on it. I want some numbers too. I never got to get mine metered. Now im not so sure i sould have sold my subs....on second thought yea I am

Silver Member

Post Number: 339
lol! Logan are you sure you sold them because of space? Remember, you're the one of the reason's why I got em! lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 2793
Yea, I think thats why i got rid of them. I hope I didnt make a mistake doing so. My next install should be done in a few weeks, so im pretty excited about that.

Silver Member

Post Number: 347
My AMP IS HERE! Sorry about the all caps, just kidna excited my amp finally came in today! I'll post pics in about 2-3 minutes!

Silver Member

Post Number: 348
My AMP IS HERE! Sorry about the all caps, just kinda excited my amp finally came in today! I'll post pics in about 2-3 minutes!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2834
Wheres the pics b!tch?lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 349
lol F U Logan! lol Nah here they are, it's only two for now until I install tomorrow!

Upload
Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 2836
You will love thoes subs

Gold Member

Post Number: 2837
And i must say...that amp sure it pretty.lol

Silver Member
Username: Livin_loud

8======D 18 of love

Post Number: 594
early Christmas huh?

Silver Member
Username: Dmm2005

DD Audio ORION, Warren Count... USA

Post Number: 261
dam that amp does look hella good.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1159
hurry up and install that mofo :P.

Silver Member

Post Number: 350
lol, Yea Eric, it's a tradition around here...we always put up the Christmas tree on Thanksgiving. And guys, I was going to wait until tomorrow to do the install...just can't do it. I'm working on it right now, I just came in to get some Orange Juice...it won't be a final install, cause a guy at work is giving me 40 ft of 4 gauge tomorrow so I'm going to use that instead of this 8 gauge that I have! I just want to HEAR SOMETHING tonight!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1162
8awg, don't turn it all the way up! or else. I think that wire is wayyyyyy to small.

Silver Member

Post Number: 396
New pics. These are in another thread too, but what the heck! Enjoy. BTW, I'm still ampless! lol

Upload
Upload
Upload

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 7647
looks nice man, let us know how it sounds once you amp those puppies:-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 398
You know it!

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Friday, Str8t to the Gentlemans club

Post Number: 2760
hey man can u tell me the dimensions of the box??

only on the foot print and the height thanks man

Silver Member

Post Number: 402
yea, it's 14.25" tall, 41" wide, and 33" deep. I got the port 20" deep for better SQ. It was originally designed for a 14" deep port.

Silver Member
Username: Teamdeboy1971

OPTIDRIVE LN., TN Major Bass P...

Post Number: 424
If you were going for SPL what would you change about that box? Do you know what hz range that box will be?IMO, thats one of the best looking boxes i've seen!, taking your time is hard when your wanting to hear them BUMP!!! VerY NicE

Silver Member
Username: Teamdeboy1971

OPTIDRIVE LN., TN Major Bass P...

Post Number: 425
Trell, those old style premiers are a surprising little sub for the money!! wanna sell those??

Silver Member

Post Number: 403
Too late Rob, I sold them to this girl that works with me for $160 plus a 200w Alpine amp. The box should be tuned to like 38 hz. I'm thinking! lol

Bronze Member
Username: Bayrent88

Ingleside, Texas USA

Post Number: 94
Why do yall resin the inside of the box???

Silver Member
Username: Livin_loud

18 of Love Fi Audio

Post Number: 711
it makes it smoother, therefore creating better airflow which = better bass
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us