ALT. INFO!?!

Bronze Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 68
how do i find out what kind of alternator a certain vehicle has...is there a site says it ?

Silver Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 220
google replacement for your alternator and it will have the one for your car, that one is ur stock, if it's an upgrade it will say 'high output' and alot more amps.... so just go to an auto part website and search the alternator for ur make/model

Bronze Member
Username: James3146

Portland, OR USA

Post Number: 51
I have an online database for alternators and there parts along with specs. What is the vehicle. I need year, make, model, and engine.

Bronze Member
Username: Sinful_systems70

Post Number: 88
What alts are available for a 93 chevy lumina 3.1 V6?

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

SubBassMidBass

Post Number: 8882
try here.

www.excessiveamperage.com

www.4alterstart.com

www.ohiogenerators.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Iraggi-Alternator-and-Electronics

Bronze Member

Portland, OR USA

Post Number: 52
You have four options.

1) 150 Max Int regulator = $350 Direct Bolt-in

2) 180 Max External Regulated (Better for heat)= $530 Direct Bolt-in. Comes with all wires and instructions for hooking up the ext. regulator

3) 190 Max Int Regulator = 490 with a bracket for mounting. Little more work because it is a bigger case. This alternator will output more than 110 amps when the car is idling.

4) 225 Amp External = $625 Same bracket as the 3rd option just external regulated. Comes with all wires and harnesses.

If you go H/O you need to upgrade your charge cable kit. I can get you cable as well. If you go big I recommend Welding cable because it is very flexible. I can also sell you cables if you want.

Let me know if you are interested.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 91
Those are a bit expensive. Do they put out at idle? I can get a powermaster XS250/300 for $460 shipped without pulley. Puts out 250 or 300 amps at 2500 engine RPM depending on what you have it adjusted to. Can be adjusted from 12 to 18 volts I think?????

Bronze Member

Portland, OR USA

Post Number: 54
1) Will do about 80 amps at engine idle, 150 max.

2) Will do about 85 amps at engine elde, 180 max.

3) Will do about 110 at idle, and 190 max.

4) Will do about 100 at idle, 225 max.

What is the warranty on that unit? I am guessing it isnt very good, once you get that high in amperage you need a lot more cooling otherwise things will start to melt. It can be adjusted to 18 volts because it uses MOSFET technology. If you used 16 volt batteries then thats the alternator you need because I dont know anyone else the makes alternators with that capability yet. But I dont know of any vehicles that have 16 volt batteries except SPL. So the adjustment would be useless to the everyday driver. Also consider if you go to 16 volt system most of your traditional 12 volt components might not work.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 2057
hey tyler, i take it you make alts?

anyway can you tell me what other cars are compatable with a 94 mazda 626 2.0

Silver Member

Post Number: 104
I would use it at 14.5 volts with optima batt. Comes with warrenty from powermaster and I can get it for that price through my shop. Brand new from powermaster with warrenty. I just mentioned that they can be used on 12 to 16 volt systems. Thanks for advice but I had just recenly came upon this alt and souds like a better deal.

Bronze Member

Portland, OR USA

Post Number: 55
FORD CARS PROBE 2.0L(121) L4 1993-1997
MAZDA 626 2.0L - 1991cc 1993-1999
MX-6 2.0L - 1991cc 1993-1997

I am sure there are more vehicles that have the same mounting type, or maybe even the same regulator, but not the same exact alternator. So be careful switching them out like that. If you had the vehicle you wanted to put it in I could tell you if you could or not.

Bronze Member

Portland, OR USA

Post Number: 56
Sinful Systems:
All business aside. If what they are claiming is actually true then hell yes that is a much better buy hands down. But I question there credibilty. Because in the past they have been known to fudge about their ratings. Also on the bottom of the page they claim more amps at a higher voltage. There statement defies ohm's law. In ohm's law the amperage is supposed to go up as the voltage goes down. I am not sure how the amperage output can go up at the same time the voltage does.

http://www.powermastermotorsports.com/spl_alternators.html

Ex: Just a basic alternator these days will put out 100 amps, the equivalent in a 24 volt system is 50 amps.

In the end if you can get that alternator for that price and a Good warranty then go for it. It will out do anything that I have. But be weary of the heat issue, that many amps is bound to make a lot of heat.

To test it I would take the alternator to a local rebuilder with a flyer of what they are claiming, and see what he has to say for a second oppinion. He could probably even test it to see what it will do.

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 2059
thanks tyler, i already knew those cars though. i was hoping it would fit more. i think im going to sell mine thats why i ask.

here is the info i got on it:

1-1598-01MI

IR/IF Alternator for Mitsubishi
80 Amp, 12 Volt, CW, 4-Groove Pulley

Used On:
(1997-93) Ford Probe 2.0L
(2001-93) Mazda 626 2.0L
(1997-93) Mazda MX6 2.0L

Replaces:
Ford F32Z-10346-A
Mazda FS11-18-300A, B
Mitsubishi A2T33891

Lester Nos:

Bronze Member

Portland, OR USA

Post Number: 58
That alternator will only mount and work in those vehicles. It may fit in others but the regulator functions will be different, or visa versa.

Silver Member

Post Number: 108
I am not worried about it because my system only draws 250A so if it is overratted thats fine. I will not need the extra supposed 50A with the 16 volts because I will use on a 12 volt system and hopefully run at 14.5 like stated on website.

Silver Member

Post Number: 109
I very much appreciate your info. I will take that into consideration.

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 2069
oh damn thanks though

Bronze Member

Portland, OR USA

Post Number: 59
No problem guys. If you decide to use the powermaster let me know how it goes please.

MAt: Sorry I couldnt get you better news, it is mostly the regulator, that alternators will fit in many places, it just wont work.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us