Wow lol

Silver Member
Username: Mvplefty12

Pinellas, FLA America

Post Number: 217
Went to a local shop today to get a quote for some 15" cvr's and the guy was telling me about a box he can build me that the port is connected to the cabin of the car... appearantly they run the box w/ the subs facing forwards and all the air and bass comes straight into the cabin... I sat in his car (2 10" kicker cvr's on 600 watts) and it slaaaaammed, has anyone ever heard of this type of box or worked with them? They want to charge me $550 for the box... is it worth it?

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 10123
nooooo

Silver Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 484
Just sounds like a ported box facing the cabin. Doesn't sound too special. Defiantly not worth it

Silver Member

Pinellas, FLA America

Post Number: 219
Well, what they do is a custom cut into the back dash where the port connects from the box, it's pretty hard to explain.

Gold Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1302
its easy man. just build a sealed box and install it. then measure the distance from the box to the back dash. punch the number into a box building program to get the proper dimensions. then plumb the port to your back dash

Silver Member

Pinellas, FLA America

Post Number: 220
How will i figure out the tuning for that? What kind of box program can I use to figure that out?

Thanks,

Andrew

Silver Member

Pinellas, FLA America

Post Number: 221
anyone?

Gold Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1314
http://www.carstereo.com/help/Articles.cfm?id=31

Silver Member
Username: Cadillacdb

Houston , TX

Post Number: 868
if your willing to have a box built i assure you that there are much better places to have one built other then that over priced shop and the sad truth is that most the shop guys dont know a thing and will probably build you a horrible box and i would suggest a site i once had a box built at but i cant remember the name and i dont have the link in my saved stuff because recently i changed ISP's .. but the place is a place most guys know about on here so if they threw out a few names i could probably remember which is where i had mine built, didnt use the box tho because i fucked up and didnt take my trunk automatic latch into the equation when i sent them the size specs needed so after getting i couldnt fit it in my trunk but it was a great box and i did install the subs and listen to it while it sat outside of the car and everything was so perfect that it brought a tear to my eyes to know i wouldnt be able to use the box in my car

Gold Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1324
cadillac if your a real enthusiast then you would get an angle grinder and cut anything that is in your way. just use liquid nails to close the trunk lid when your done. lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us