New system? let me know what you think

Username: Chaseme67

Kaneohe, HI United States

Post Number: 1
im going with a dual xdvd 8181 hu. 2 9.2 inch visor monitor. 2 polk audio 6.5 components for the front. 2 polk audio 6x9 for the rear both db seris at 100 watts rms each. 2 soundstream 4220 amps rated at 4x110 watts rms @ 4 ohm. im gonna use one for the speakers. any suggestions what kinda subs i can run with the other amp and any other upgrades i might need.....battery,ho alt,caps.....thanks

Post Number: 2
i was thinking of 2 12's hoping to balance it out with the highs

Bronze Member
Username: Bobid77

Post Number: 28
I think you should go with two subs, but I think you should think about putting 6.5 inch speakers in place of the 6x9s, 6x9s always seem to over power the front, the 6.5 inch rear speakers would give a much more even sound.

Post Number: 3
i have a 95 dodge avenger it has 6x9 in the rear but i think i can fit 6.5 in there. the other amp if i brigde it is 440x2 watts @ 4 ohms.do you think its too much bass for the highs?

Bronze Member
Username: Bobid77

Post Number: 29
No, that shouldnt be to much bass for the highs, but if it is, thats a good thing because you can always turn the amp down and you know you will have more if you ever want it. You might beable to buy adapter plates for the 6x9 holes to accept 6.5s

Post Number: 4
any suggestions on what kinda 12's would be good? 300 watts rms each?

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 2316
w3, could try a fi x.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 1794
or AA assassin
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums