Hello, I need help BAD!!!

Username: Teamdeboy1971

LAFOLLETTE, TN CAMPBELL

Post Number: 1
I don't know whats going on! i have 2-10inch pioneer premier ts-2504 dual 4 ohm! I have a 1ohm stable Kenwood KAC-9152D 1800WATT BUT I CAN TURN IT UP, AND POP GOES THE FUSE! I PULLED EACH SUB OUT AND THE RED IS GOING TO RED AND BLACK TO BLACK ON ONE COIL, THEN RED TO THE OTHER RED AND BLACK TO THE BLACK! IT SORTA LOOKS PARRELELL WIRED DOWN EACH SIDE OF THE SUBS! SO, WHAT OHMS AM I AT THIS POINT? HOW DO I GET IT TO 1 OHM?

Silver Member
Username: Naledge503

Working on a secret pr..., Oregon USA

Post Number: 516
http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp

Silver Member
Username: Naledge503

Working on a secret pr..., Oregon USA

Post Number: 517
Thats weird. on the kenwood website it lists that it is 1 ohm stable yet does not give any 1 ohm ratings. it states 900rms at 2 ohms. your 1800 watt rating is the max rating. never go by max ratings. only by rms rating.

LAFOLLETTE, TN CAMPBELL

Post Number: 2
OMG!!!!THAT LOOKS LIKE JAPENEESE TO ME! I WISH I COULD SEE A DIAGRAM! I WENT TO ROCKFORD FOSGATE.COM AND THEY HAVE A WIRING WIZARD? I STILL CAN'T FIGURE IT OUT!!

LAFOLLETTE, TN CAMPBELL

Post Number: 3
I KNOW IT! THE RMS DON'T ADD UP! NOTHING IS 1800 WATTS! I DON'T KNOW IF ITS A MISPRINT OR WHAT!

LAFOLLETTE, TN CAMPBELL

Post Number: 6
DO YOU THINK I SHOULD HAVE IT WIRED AT 2 OHMS I FINALLY TWISTED 2 WIRES TOGETHER, THE AMP HAS 2++ IN A ROW AN THEN 2-- IN A ROW! SO, I TWISTED THE 2HOTS TOGETHER AND JUST USED THE SECOND + AND THE SECOND - AND ITS NOT GETTING ENOUGH WATTAGE!!

Silver Member
Username: Wolfman1966

WEST MONROE , LOUISIANA USA

Post Number: 976
hey rob....Upload

LAFOLLETTE, TN CAMPBELL

Post Number: 7
I'm stumped! I need to know how to wire my dual 4 ohm subs to 2 ohm stable! Anyone know how to like explain this to where I could understand it? Thanks, I really like this new site! I think its a great thing when people help each other out!! PEACE! ~~ROBERT~~

Bronze Member
Username: Motomattic3

Post Number: 87
go here

http://mobile.jlaudio.com/support_pages.php?page_id=161

this is series which is= you connect the positive on second coil and the negetive on the first coil then you take a seperate wire and connect the positive coil on one side and connect it to the negative coil on the other side like in the picture below(that will power two dual 4ohms at a 4ohm load)

Upload

And do this set up for Dual 4ohms at a 1ohm load(parallel)

Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 88
Upload

I can't make it any clearer than that

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 3178
you can not wire 2 subs(dual4) together to et a 2 ohm load

Bronze Member

Post Number: 89
You might also want to try another amp beside the kenwood because its really 900watts at 1ohm you never go by the max they just simply use that as a selling pitch. assuming you have the TS-W2504SPL which is 800watts rms and 2500watts max that would mean you are pulling 1600watts off a kenwood none the less. you need a bigger amp. cause at the moment your not even getting those subs past the rms. and if you do a little adding with both of them your pulling a max of 5000watts which is probly why your blowing fuses I would seggest getting a Kicker ZX2500.1 ,MTX Audio TA81001,Hifonics XX-Hercules,MTX Audio TA92001,MA Audio HK4000D,Hifonics XX-Goliath,Orion HCCA-D5000,Rockford Fosgate Power T20001BD,Power Acoustik A3000DB, JBL A3000GTi, and so on and so forth. you might just want to make another link about what would power it. but at the moment your getting 450watts per woofer at 1ohm. which means you need 43% more power to get the rms and 82% more power to get the max. that poor kenwood amp.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 90
"DO YOU THINK I SHOULD HAVE IT WIRED AT 2 OHMS I FINALLY TWISTED 2 WIRES TOGETHER, THE AMP HAS 2++ IN A ROW AN THEN 2-- IN A ROW! SO, I TWISTED THE 2HOTS TOGETHER AND JUST USED THE SECOND + AND THE SECOND - AND ITS NOT GETTING ENOUGH WATTAGE!!" the two ++ and the two -- are for parallel use only so one set of +- goes to one woofer and the other set goes to the other woofer which should activate the amp to power it in parallel.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1205
that amp does ~ 1000 at 1 ohm. Get another amp, or just use 1 sub on it.
At 2 ohms ~ 900, so right now each sub will see about 450wrms.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 3346
i don't like kenwood. They give too many troubles, including power supplies issues
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us