Amp problem!

Bronze Member
Username: Atomiclee

Post Number: 42
I just re-hooked up my system and I think I am having amp problems. I have a BX1500D and 2 DVC Xtant 12's. Everything was working fine for a day or so but then one time my subs wouldn't work. When I turn my truck on, the amp lights up like normal but then dims down. Does anyone know what the problem could be?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
I looked and when it turns on the Protection light flashes but does not stay on. Can anybody help?

Silver Member
Username: Naledge503

Working on a secret pr..., Oregon USA

Post Number: 506
check all the wiring and fuses first. and what impedance are the subs. 4 ohm or 2 ohm?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 44
They are 4 Ohm subs. I have checked all of the wiring but I cant figure out how to get the damn fuses out of the amp lol. Its weird because every now and then it will kick on and start working then shut off when I turn it up.

Silver Member

Post Number: 507
did you clean the area and sand down the area, where you grounded it? also check the remote where it is connected behind the H/U (head unit).

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4119
the most obvious soluition for now is to turn the gain down a lil, and see if you keep having this trouble. first, disconnect ALL the wiring into the amp, and then turn the gain down, they re-plug everything in

Silver Member

Post Number: 508
^^^^dont listen to him....he doesnt know jack.
haha, j/p mayne. whats up BM3?

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4120
haha. i sent you a reply back man

Bronze Member

Post Number: 46
Thanks guys, I will try turning the gain down. Its weird because I took out the amp and subs a few months ago and everything was fine then as soon as I put in back in the same way (I kept all of the wires in my truck) I started to have this problem.

Silver Member
Username: Wolfman1966

WEST MONROE , LOUISIANA USA

Post Number: 960
I hate to say it because its a pain , but try this. unhook the amp from everything, and take it out. hook a piece of wire from battery + to the amp +, another from battery - to amp -, and jump a wire from amp + to remote. If it comes on, and stays on, then you at least know the amp is working correctly
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us