Anyone with a grand am!!!!

Silver Member
Username: Holt_champ

Htown, MI

Post Number: 131
if you have a 2000 grand am and have did the big three can you tell me where the engine block ground is at. i have been looking for like a half hour and cant find it. please help!!

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 1726
just find a place it doesnt have to be the stock location

Silver Member

Htown, MI

Post Number: 136
oh so if i found a place on the top of the engine block then it would work just fine too? what can i get to measure the voltage to see if if it is right?

Silver Member

Htown, MI

Post Number: 161
could someone show me a picture of how they grounded their engine block for the big three. pictures would be very helpful.

Silver Member

Htown, MI

Post Number: 163
im getting really confused!

Bronze Member
Username: Ccdoggy

Post Number: 76
you dont need to replace it, just add another one. find a bolt somewhere you can take out. then put bolt through O ring then bolt it back on. Make sure where there will be contact there is no rust or anything really, if in question take a file and take off a bit to clean it up.

Then take other end and bolt it to the car's frame or something solid metal. Again make sure to clean off area of any paint before making the connection bolted together.

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4099
easy way that i do is stick it directly to the outer frame of the alternator itself, then just ground it on the chasis. thats just my way

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 9937
http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?TID=73496&PN=1
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us