Zapco amp

Username: Yallsop

Provo, Utah

Post Number: 1
i bought a zapco amp on ebay, and it worked great for three days then one morning it just would not turn on...it was halla cold like 25 degrees, i turned on the heat in my truck i heard a small pop in the speakers and them...well nothing. the shop the did the install said all the wiring was fine and working, the amp just wont turn on? any suggestions?
thanks, Jon

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1148
Sure it has power? what model zapco? Did you test for power with a DMM at rem, power, and recheck ground. There is only 3 connections. check em again yourself.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 7197
if you had it prof installed bring it back to them don't even touch it yourself.

Silver Member
Username: Johammbass

IRL

Post Number: 505
WTF, Zapco is not for kids:-)

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Try Google

Post Number: 8187
seriously, if youhad it professionally installed. their problem.:-)

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1149
Well I would think the installer just did what he was asked. If you said "install this amp", and the amp was bad, thats not the installers fault, unless they installed it incorrectly. Are you sure the amp worked that you got off Ebad? Did the installer bench test the amp? If they benched it and it worked, then yes, go after the installer. but if it was DOA, and not tested, then the installer should have picked up on it when setting it up. but just for the heck of it, I would test for power on the feed, rem, and ohm out ground. Alternativly, bring it to another audio shop for proof that the first installer damaged it. Its a he said/she said situation. And unless you got some kind of warranty or return protection, it may be your problem now.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us