Battery question....

Silver Member
Username: 2pacalypse1971

Sandusky, Oh

Post Number: 197
i have a 130 amp alternator, and i'm running an orion 1200d at ohm ohm to 2 rockfrod hx2 12's, if i was to get a battery, how would i hook it up in my trunk, could i just hook it up just like a cap, or how would i do it, thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Motomattic3

Post Number: 74
I don't know how to hook it up but I assume you know that you have to get an optima battery cause an ordinary battery puts out toxic fumes

Silver Member

Sandusky, Oh

Post Number: 198
yeah i know all of that, but does anyone know how to hook one up

Username: Mschwitz

Milwaukee, Wi

Post Number: 8
Yes, hook it up like a capacitor. Positive from front battery to positive on rear battery. Ground rear battery to frame and hook amp to positive and negative on rear battery. If you plan to listen to music at parties or with the car not running you may want to look at isolators.

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4003
Marcus,

you dont need a battery. i have seen many systems runnin on 1200 with 130a and do perfectly fine. remember, adding the battery really doesnt do anythng unless you got a big enough alternator to support it

Silver Member

Sandusky, Oh

Post Number: 199
well i refuse to do an alternator, i just figured that a battery would sorta help my situation, my dimming isn't terribly bad or anyting but ijust don't wanna end up killing something in my car, so you think i should just leave it alone??
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us