Sub Thump

Username: Moey_g

SydneyAustralia

Post Number: 2
My friends sub thumps everytime he changes tracks on his cd. Any ideas on what causes this and how 2 fix it? He has a rockford fosgate 15" sub running off a monoblock response amp. Any ideas appreciated.

Silver Member
Username: Johammbass

IRL

Post Number: 485
Looks like his head unit is causing it.
What amp and what head unit does he have?

SydneyAustralia

Post Number: 3
Its a response AA-0428 class D mono-block. This is a link for it https://secure4.vivid-design.com.au/jaycar2005/productView.asp?ID=AA0428&CATID=2 4&keywords=&SPECIAL=&form=CAT&ProdCodeOnly=&Keyword1=&Keyword2=&pageNumber=&pric eMin=&priceMax=&SUBCATID=595
im not sure on his head unit. Do you think its a wiring problem or faulty equipment?

Silver Member

IRL

Post Number: 488
Yeah, sub itself has got nothing to do with it, because it can only thump if it get some kind of "thump" signal. Could be wiring problem or it could be the head unit if it's cheap.

SydneyAustralia

Post Number: 5
No it was definitely not a cheap head unit. I cant remember off the top of my head what it was exactly but it wasn't cheap.
So its probable that its a head unit wiring problem? Oh and he has a 4-gauge wire from the battery and then a distribution block splitting it into 2 8-gauge wires. I was thinking of re-wiring it so each amp can have its own power wire. Should i do this or should i re-wire the head unit first?

Silver Member

IRL

Post Number: 489
Hmm..., I think the problem is somewhere in head unit's wiring. RCA's are getting some kind of interference by the HU (I think), check the HU ground and the RCA's first.

SydneyAustralia

Post Number: 6
Ok thanx for your help. Il check them out first.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us