Too much power or not....

Silver Member
Username: 2pacalypse1971

Sandusky, Oh

Post Number: 194
ok i am getting 2 jl w3 12's dual 4 ohm, and i still have this orion 1200d (that is up for sale, so i can get a rockford p6002), but until someone buys that, do you think if i wired this amp down to a one ohm load, would it blow the speakers with the gain all the way down, i have a 130 amp alternator so i know i'm not getting the true 1200 watts of this amp, so what do you guys think?

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1121
do the math, adjust the gain accordingly. Use a DMM on the amps speaker outputs to set it for the right voltage, or if you have an amp meter, make the amp draw max ~35-40amps?

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1122
do the math, adjust the gain accordingly. Use a DMM on the amps speaker outputs to set it for the right voltage, or if you have an amp meter, make the amp draw max ~35-40amps.

Silver Member
Username: 2pacalypse1971

Sandusky, Oh

Post Number: 196
i don't even know what the hell a dmm is, let alone have one, so u think i'll be alright or not?

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 2185
dmm = digital multi meter. you can get a good one for around $20. personally i wouldn't chance it, that's alot of power for a w3. how much you looking to spend on an amp for them?

Bronze Member
Username: Jblanford

Post Number: 50
what do you want for the 1200d...is it the 05 or the new hcca d1200. Pics ?

Bronze Member
Username: Jblanford

Post Number: 51
sorry didnt see other thread

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 3108
that is fine, seeing how just wiring them to a 2.66 ohm load. do not run that amp for eveyday use down to under 1 ohm.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us