Cap Q

Silver Member
Username: Caraudio

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 722
Rockford Fosgate 1Farad Cap good for about 800RMS? I knoow the arugments of it does nothing this and that im just curriouse of a good Cap company? Stinger? Power Akousticks?

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 2146
i've always heard a cap. is a cap., doesn't really matter the brand. not sure how true that is though. personally if i was buying one i'd still stick with a decent brand, i know where i live stinger is very popular.

Silver Member

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 723
Well more Farad the better or does it get to a point where you reach a limit and after that it doesnt matter? This would go in my 05 Civic witha T3002 800RMS at 2Ohm and Kicker CVX.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 2147
IF you get one, general rule of thumb is 1 farad for every 1000wrms. so in your case a 1 farad would do.

Silver Member

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 724
Being it would be a Rockford Fosgate one i guess its pretty good right?

Also this will "help" deal with the dimming of the lights right?

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 2148
it will 'help' but the thing you should be looking at is your charging system. what size is your alt?

Silver Member

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 725
Normal stock Honda Civic Alt. I could tlak my dad into a bigger "heavy duty" battery later on but i doubt he would be changing and already working alternator its just not somthing he would do.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 2149
checked and it looks like your stock alt. is 70a. if thats right. at peak a 800wrms class d amp would draw roughly 80a, that's not including what's needed for your car and if you have another amp ran to. i think you should be fine though if you upgraded your battery and do the big 3.

Silver Member

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 726
I only have the one amp.

Silver Member

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 727
Battery and whats the "big 3"? I dont plan on doing much more then a Cap at the present moment and i dont turn my volume past 30/40 anyways so i doubt im hitting 800wrms.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 2150
big 3:
battery negative to chassis
alternator to battery positive
chassis to engine

i'd upgrade that and look at a better battery. and turning your volume up to only 30/40 doesn't control how many watts the amp is putting out.

but just remember there is no replacement for an upgraded charging system, i.e. cap.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 3162
you're f*cked up if you don't put a HO alt there Car Audio. Get a 150A alt or 180A, something like that and put a red top/yellow top, do the Big 3 and there you go.

The thing about car audio is not buying the system, is the electrical upgrade. You get a 500$ system, you need to upgrade like 500$ on electrical system hehe lol!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us