Need help with amp and subs

Username: Niceguyftx

Post Number: 1
okay heres the deal, i have 2 RF p12s4 subs. and i have a 1000w sony xplod amp XM-3001SXD . the amp powers on but no power is getting to the subs. i knwo the subs arent blown cuz they work on my brother's 700watt amp. i also tried hooking up my other subs 2 10" kenwood subs (500 watt max and 300 rms) each and still no power to the subs. everything is hooked up right, i know there's power going to the amp, which means remote's good. RCA's connected and i even tried buying some monster RCA cables but still no luck. my speaker wires are fine, i have plenty of them that i tried out and still nothing. i'm pretty confident that even if the amp has too much power load for the subs, it would still power it at least. at least for the kenwoods also.

i don't know whats up. someone help me ASAP..sucks without bass =/

Username: Mike20

Post Number: 5
Ey, just cuz the amps got power doesnt mean its good. Something could be fried internally in the amp. Ive had a few friends in your position and once i opened up the amp some parts were fried. But still the amp was gettin power and turning on. Another thing.. Those sony xplode amps dont have the best reputation for being a good amp. If you cant open the amp up and see if theres anythin burnt up. All your subs are good, obviously. I think theres somrthin fried in the amp.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us