Mosfet 1600w amp specs anyone?

Username: Tac

Austin, TX USA

Post Number: 2
Ok here is my delima I have an amp that I pulled out of my truck that I no longer drive and trying to wire it to my car and I ran into a problem. I have a 1992 toyota camry (2.2l) with a factory cd/radio and it doesn't have any wiring diagram on the radio for what wire I am supposed to hook up the amp's accessory wire (power on) It is a Boss RIP 796rms 1600w 400X4ch mosfet amp. Can anyone tell me what the power requirement is to turn on the amp? I tried hooking it up to the 12v power on the back of the radio that turns on with the key and I ended up blowing the fuse on the amp. also does the amp body have to be grounded (besides the regular ground)? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

AudioqueUSA

Post Number: 1990
you could just run it though a switch.

Username: Tac

Austin, TX USA

Post Number: 4
I was going to do that anyway since when my wife is in the car she doesn't want to hear it. but my problem right now is getting it to power on without blowing the fuse. I need to find out how many volts it takes for the remote wire. I am guessing that it needs to be less then 12v since it blew the fuse.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us