Please help the new guy, wiring comps and sub to 5 channel

Username: Shortbuss45

Post Number: 1
I finally bit the bullet and decided to put something together for my truck. I am going with an Alpine cda-9857 head unit, Rainbow slc 6 1/2 components up front, an old but new JL Audio 12w07 single coil in a sealed box, and an old but new Alpine MRV-F352 5 channel amp. I am not trying to win any events by anyyyyyyyyyyyyyy means just an upgrade from the 3 speaker am/fm pushbutton radio original to my 80's Land Cruiser.

My question is how I should wire this up to get the best possible use of this amp. It calls for 8 gauge wiring would 4 gauge be better? Should I bridge the first four channels for the components and run the fifth for the sub or? How should the sub be wired (it is 6 ohm) Should or can I bridge 3/4/5 together for the sub? I know my knowledge level is novice but asking questions is always the best way to get better. How many watts are gained RMS and peak when the four channels are bridged for the components. Should I utilize two sets of rca's for this install. Thanks to all in advance. Here are the amp specs..

Power output RMS Continuous power for (12.0V, 20 Hz-20kHz) (ch1-ch4) is: 30W per channel into 4 ohms, 40W per channel into 2 ohms, 80W bridged into 4 ohms.
Ch5 for (12.0V, 20 Hz) is: 100W 4 ohms.
Power output RMS Continuous power for (14.4V, 20 Hz-20kHz) (ch1-ch4) is: 50W per channel into 4 ohms, 60W per channel into 2 ohms, 1200W bridged into 4 ohms. Ch5 for (14.4V, 20 Hz) is: 150W 4 ohms

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 3054
Brian i own that amp, i have it right now pushing 2 midbass and tweeters and it puts some watts, the SQ is not bad at all.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us