They just sound like crap now!

Username: Dee2188

Post Number: 1
Yesterday my capitor lost power and then gained it back but now my subs sound like crap i checked all the connection and everything they are not blown they just sound like factory car speakers if anybody think they can help me wit my problem write me at carsdexter@yahoo.com thanks

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 2973
what's your system?

Username: Dee2188

Post Number: 2
Two 800watt pyramid 15'' subwoofers powered by a 1600 watt amp and a 500k fared capacitor

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 2022
are you serious?????

what's the rms on the subs and amp? and what does that mean, 500k farad cap.?

this gotta be a joke:-)

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Try Google

Post Number: 7274
500,000 farad cap huh???

that's enough to sink the Titanic....that would take years to charge up and discharge.....

Silver Member
Username: Naledge503

Portland, Oregon U.S.

Post Number: 399
what happened was his cap finally charged and let all that juice go and he blew everything..................

Silver Member
Username: Bobimpact

Danbury, CT US

Post Number: 208
I had a customer come in two weeks ago with the same claim, I think it was some Tsunami piece that had "5,000K" written on it somewhere. He was absolutely convinced too, I even showed him was a single farad cap looked like, he said it was about the same size!
Later that same day I had a completely different guy tell me that he was using his 12V cap in a 110V AC system. :-) Some people really must think I'm a moron (must be my ravashing good looks, they look at me and say "He can't possible be that good looking AND smart!")

Gold Member
Username: Drsmith

Montana USA

Post Number: 1395
^^^ boy i know how that is lol

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 2998
i don't know why people know everything about bad brands, but NO sh1t about something good. Nobody comes here to ask about DD or Treo, they come here to ask about pyramid, audioBUM and sony after they buy the thing...

Username: Whitewidow

Post Number: 4
A lot of capacitors i have seen actually have the measurement in microfarads (10^-6) so 500k = .5 farad...

Bronze Member
Username: Motomattic3

Post Number: 11
have you tried takeing the farad cap out and just connecting it direct to see if that clears up the problem
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us