Blew somethin?

Username: Zach18

Post Number: 2
I was driving one day and had my volume up to 17 (goes to 35) and my bass at about 6 (goes to 10). anyways, i smelled somethin burnin and then suddenly my front speakers which were not even workin before, were starting to come on and suddenly my subs completely shut off. i really don't think i blew my amp, nothing was even up that loud or at least at the potential it could have been. i checked everything and the amp was not even hot but it shut off along with my subs and my front and back speakers both worked, and the front speakers were not even workin before. maybe i blew a fuse? i dunno, can anyone help me out? i just had my new systen installed over the weekend.

Heres what i have if it helps:
2 12" Eclipse Titanium Subs
RE 12.1 amp
Infinity Kappa 6x9's
front stock speakers

Silver Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL USA

Post Number: 673
sounds like u have a short somewhere... check your connections on both ends where the front speakers connect to the wire in the kicker\door and where they connect to the HU\AMP if they are shorting u may have blew somthing out...Your amp does not turn on at all... no pretection light or anything? If it all turned off, you may have a bad remote wire (check that first) to test that just jump your + power terminal to your remote terminal on the amp and it should turn on, if not its not the remote wire. Check your inline fuse to make sure you are getting power to the back... (using a DMM at the end of the power cable where it connects to the amp would be best, but from what it sounds like (the speakers in the front never turned on until now when my amp shutoff along with the rest) that sorta of sounds like a short somwhere in your stock wiring... probally poor connection at speaker\HU terminals.... is it stock Headunit(HU)?

Post Number: 3
no, the head unit is alpine, i remember before i even hooked up my new subs and amp my front speakers were shotening. i dunno if that has anything to do with the back tho, i have checked all wires and the 12V battery cable on the amp disconnected somehow, i really dunno if that's the problem but i am going to go hook it up and c if it works now. its weird how i had it professionally installed and suddenly that just disconnects.

Post Number: 4
connected the battery cable wire, nothin fixed, anyone know how i would check for some busted fuses?

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 6903
it sounds like you have a shorted wire behind your deck. I have seen this before. remove your deck and inspect all the wires coming out of the rear of it. Sometimes a wire will get crimmped inbetween the deck and metal causeing a short and grounding your radio out which will cause your remote wire to not work, therefor not powering up your amp.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us