Earthquake PHD5000

Silver Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL USA

Post Number: 659
Quick question.... so i know PA is supposed to be overrated but when i was clipping my JBL1200.1 amp with them and getting readings of upto 78V constant the subs 2 PA Mofo12's took it like a champ....besides the very very minor distortion (probally mainly because of clipping rather than subs) so i decided to buy a Earthquake PHD5000 since i found one for 468$ on ebay that comes along with a 5yr. warranty as long as its installed by a proper dealer ( i can easily go into the local shop and have them just take a quick look at my setup and write me a receipt stating its installed correct ect. for just a few bucks... but does that sound like a deal./.... i payed 502$ shipped, with priority shipping ... 3000rms @ 2ohm on 2 12"PA Mofo12's in custom 2.5cu2 boxes tuned to 40hz.... if these subs take the intense beaating for about a month im still replacing them but what kind of subs should i get.... i will also be buying another one of these amps as well.. i want each sub on its own amp taking the 3000rms @ 2ohm preferablly 12's so i dont have to rebuild the whole box again..... that thing was a b!tch to build and still needs to be carpeted...

Silver Member

IL USA

Post Number: 675
Is this amp overrated, under rated or about right? I had the 10000model before but it was defective and always had problems but was a beast, but that amp has different mods to make it linkable, if i am remembering right they are basically the same except the 5000 dos not have the mods neccisary to strap\link it to another ph10000

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 2952
remember that earthquake amps have high THD, they're SPL mostly.

For subs get a BTL dual 1 ohm

Silver Member

IL USA

Post Number: 684
well im sorta dropping off the SQ for the blazer, im gunna do that with the next car i buy (the impala) but i was thinking... if i get a 2ohm DVC solo x 18 and get 2 of these amps.... put one on each VC at about 3000rms each.... or a little less.. but that should be really loud right? I just found a place in bridgeveiw il that can make custom boxes... so i dont care about that no more.. ill pay for the box since they arent gunna r@pe me for uilding it like a sounds shop 600-800 cost..

Gold Member

Post Number: 3000
not loud, JUST SICK!

John, what about your charging system??? you're going to need some big Ks

Silver Member

IL USA

Post Number: 690
iLL HAVE A 300a ALT. AND 3-4 RUNS OF 0 GAUGE TO THE REAR ALONG WITH maybe 4-5 yellow tops along with the redtop unbder the hood, but i might go with some of those other batterys i have been seeing, kenitics maybe? im not sure of the name i have to hop around the forum to be sure, somebody was tyellin me his battery was 2-3 times as strong as the yellow top

Gold Member
Username: Drsmith

Montana USA

Post Number: 1429
get kinetics they p00p all over optima

Gold Member

Post Number: 3010
hehehe....

Silver Member

IL USA

Post Number: 691
Ok, i have a few things to say now that these Power Acoustiks subs are installed right..... they arent half bad for the price i payed... (2) 12' Mofo 12's for 300$ on the eartthquake phd5000 gettin about 3000rms... They are handlin the power fine and are getting LOUD as hell, im sure on better subs it would be louder but i got people complaining about me having it to high when there in the car as it is now, but my power does drop and ALOT with the 2 optimas i have 1 red 1 yellow top on the 0gauge with my 200A alt put back in.

Silver Member

IL USA

Post Number: 692
Ok, i have a few things to say now that these Power Acoustiks subs are installed right..... they arent half bad for the price i payed... (2) 12' Mofo 12's for 300$ on the eartthquake phd5000 gettin about 3000rms... They are handlin the power fine and are getting LOUD as hell, im sure on better subs it would be louder but i got people complaining about me having it to high when there in the car as it is now, but my power does drop and ALOT with the 2 optimas i have 1 red 1 yellow top on the 0gauge with my 200A alt put back in.

Silver Member

IL USA

Post Number: 693
my bad....forum stuck on me again...

Silver Member

IL USA

Post Number: 694
still need to carpet the box..Upload

Gold Member