Cadillac Seville '99 Remote wire prob!

Username: Dbbt

Tacoma, Wa Usa

Post Number: 2
I have a '99 Cadillac Seville and have a couple questions really about installing an MTX amp and keeping the stock deck. First, I'm going to install an amp for my 2 subs using an inline RCA out from the stock stereo, using the rear stock speakers to splice into to connect the inline RCA. OK, so i have connected my battery wire (constant 12 volt) power source and have a ground wire installed. Now I need a remote power source that turns off with the car! This is my problem, I have tried 3 different power sources and they all were constant 12 volt-no good.

The rear seat has been removed, that's where the battery in this car is, so that's where I am working...do i have to rip out the dash to find a remote source or does anyone know of another way...please advise any diagrams and/or any help on this as I have spent all weekend trying to do it alone...thanks guys for any help!

Also, if I am going to splice into the rear dash speakers for my RCA connector, are there amps on those speakers already that i need to disconnect for my system to work? I haven't torn out the trunk yet to see if it has amps on the stock speakers but i think i've read they do

Silver Member
Username: Ruthless06

C-ville, Va USA

Post Number: 197
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/278754.html read your other post.

Silver Member
Username: Cadillacdb

Houston , TX

Post Number: 857
i have a 96 caddy seville and it shouldnt be much different then a 99 so you should be able to easily access the bose factory stereos brain and in my car that was located slightly behind the electrical antenna and truthfully thats what does all the work for the head unit (just think of the head unit as a control source and not the entire actual unit or you coulkd think of it as more of the face to a stereo and not the body altho the thing is bulky as hell which is pretty stupid and makes me really dislike bose factory crap) but after locating this you shouldnt have any trouble finding a wire thats is hot only when the stereo is on and goes off when the stereo goes off just use a test light which should only cost you 3 bucks if you dont already have one..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us