Hows this amp?/BatteryAlternator

Silver Member
Username: Kevbo887

Post Number: 117
http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Specifications-of-Bazooka-300-Watt-Monoblock-Ampl ifier-BA1300/sem/rpsm/oid/119442/rpem/ccd/productDetailSpecification.do#tabs

Wondering how all of you thought this amp was. Turned out the 4channel Sony amp my buddy gave me didn't end up working at all. I bought this mono off of ebay today for $45.00. I decided Im going to go for all speakers amped, and two subs. I was wondering how much of a burden this amp, as well as that 4 channel amp (Nitro BMW mini--75x4watts max--45x4wattsrms) would have on my battery/alternator, if I had them both on. Would my car have trouble starting in the winter when its cold out ect?

Also, would kickers be some decent subs to match this amp?

One more, would you guys recommend 10" or 12"? Ive only had 10" before never a 12". Im going to be putting 2 subwoofers in, whichever size you all think. Any reason why one is better then the other?

Thanks again guys

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 1075
you have 117 posts on here and you bought that stuff. hate to be the bearer of bad news but there is a reason you got it so cheap. as for subs that amp isng going to give 2 much power let alone 1. put whatever size sub you can fit.

Silver Member

Post Number: 118
I was under the impression that these forums were to assist/chat about car audio. Evidently if you aren't a guru you don't deserve to be typing on this forum then?

Also, of course you can get anything cheap on Ebay. As far as that particular subwoofer goes, the guy I used to work with had it powering 2 12" kicker comps and it hit pretty hard. I know enough that 300watts of rms powers enough for me. Assuming that I had a bazooka amp before that pushed out 150watts x 1 and that one subwoofer was good enough for me.

Now, before we continue on being captain deuche, why dont we do some explaining rather then making rediculously useless posts to bump you up to number "1075".....which we knows means absolutetly nothing, incept for the lack of a possible life, assuming since youve only been registered for less then a year............thank you.

Silver Member

Post Number: 119
Excuse me, I mean as far as that particular amplifier goes, not subwoofer. Sorry.

Silver Member
Username: Renegadesrun

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 258
That amp, and a 4ch, will never touch your alt.

Your car should have no troubles.

Perhaps 2 tens. Makes them around the 100w per sub handling range. That, frankly, is probably all that amp will actually push given that it only have one 20a fuse.

Silver Member

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 259
has*

Silver Member

Post Number: 120
Thank you, I appreciate it.

Also I would like to apologize to mat dope for my rude response.

PS: The fuse on CC.com I guess is incorrect, I read on a bazooka forum that its actually a 35.

PSS: The little 4 channel amp is a 10a fuse.

Silver Member

Post Number: 121
Also, do you think a cap. would be necessary? I notice just with the 4 channel amp, the lights flicker a tad. When I had an amp around the same power as the one I bought before, the lights would dim everytime a hard bass note hit.

Hmmmm.

Silver Member

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 262
What car/truck and how many amps is your alt. Call autozone for a replacement.....and ask how many it has if you do not know.

No cap. Nothing but a bandaid for a larger problem.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 1080
whatever its cool, trust me i could care less about post count only reason i brought it up is because its not like its your first post. oviously this is a place for car audio so what i was implying is had you asked here befor you bought that amp we could have gave you some ideas for a system that will hold up for a little while and that youll like

Silver Member
Username: Audioguy22

S.F., Cal.

Post Number: 250
Looks ok, but i'll sell you a better amp for less! I've got a new Pioneer Premier 7150m that i'll ship to you for $97.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/v3/pg/product/details/0,,2076_310069935_15 2869076_tab=B,00.html?compName=PNA_V3_ProductDetailsComponent

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 2808
bazooka sucks, at least audiobahn a8000V for those subs

Silver Member

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 303
WTF... you say Bazooka sucks, but recommend Audiobahn?

Are you retarded?

Silver Member

Post Number: 124
Well, Like I stated I got this bazooka amp off of ebay for $45.00. Not a bad deal if you ask me. Ive always had good things to say about bazooka's, minus their slight overheating problems. Well find out when it comes in though I guess!

Silver Member

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 306
Kevin, i was speaking to the spamologist.

Anyway, as far as the 'zooka is concerned.

Werd. Time will tell.

Silver Member

Post Number: 125
Oh, I know you were to talking to the other guy. I just wanted to add my own words. Haha, I guess time shall tell!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us