Need help finding a really good sub amp viper mtx fosgate kicker mmats zapco not sure need one fast

Username: Hendaddy02

Post Number: 1
im wanting to know what amp is best for my money and im trying to stay around 225.00 maybe go a little higher ive owned the jbl 1200.1 nice amp but want something a little stronger. ive heard some good reviews on the viper 1200.1 and the mtx 81000d but thats just what i know need some help what else is out there i need amp quick

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 1933
well how much power you need and at what load? and why would you ever consider going from a jbl to lanzar?

Gold Member
Username: Makmillion

MN United States

Post Number: 1020
I've got an xtant x1001 for sale.. but I'm asking 400 or best offer shipped.

Post Number: 2
lanzar i havent considered a lanzar im running 3 kicker cvr 12's just not impressed with the sound ran the amp to 1 ohm and it blew and the amp is one ohm stable my friend has the mtx 81000d and it just seems to push harder and has a cleaner sound just want something diferent

Post Number: 3
as that it hoping for some good answerscome on someone and i know theres some people with amps on here for sale around my price range

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Hamilton, Indiana United states

Post Number: 1634
whats the voice coil config on the subs?

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 1071
you were running a jbl, what model, jbl is better then viper and mtx

Post Number: 4
its a jbl bp1200.1 and no its not better than the mtx 81000d ive herd both amps on the same subs before and the mtx pushes better. im running 3 cvr kicker 12's dual 4 ohm voice coils

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Hamilton, Indiana United states

Post Number: 1642
save more money for an amp. id get a kicker zx 1500.1

Post Number: 5
does anyone know anybody with a good amp for sale?

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 1076
well the bp is an awesome amp, i just got one and its great. iv also talked to alot of people that have used them and they are very solid amps. if you blew it you must not have a good charging sytsem and you were clipping it. not sure what the specs are on that mtx but the bp is better build quality. and that kicker mentioned abouve is a nice amp

Post Number: 7
well im going to have to count you out cause ive been installing my stuff ive had more systems then you could imagine i know how to hook my stuff up the jbl is a very good amp i have defended it several times but i hooked that mtx withe the same speakers up also the mtx actually had a little gain left ive had several jbls and sold several and ive seen several go to the amp grave yard.so no the jbl is not a better build.even though i like it its still not as good

Silver Member
Username: Adam_s

Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 299
What do u mean the mtx actually had a little gain left...please dont tell me that you just turn the gain all the way up....that could be a major reason for why you blew the amps

Post Number: 8
im sorry man i keep having to to this conversation with you. you are no help to me.i think ill have better luck with someone at radio shack putting me a system together.fist of all in a comp. you usually do turn your amp up ive been in several comps. and one of my really good friends had 42 infinity kappa perfects in his ex cab f-250 and not sure how many jbl 1200.1 but enough to run them at 1200 watts then he had a bazooka tube set up after that and ran bazooka p500d's and beat that jbl infinity set up 161.? 163.? he does world comps won some lost some but he has had a mtx truck and he even told me the mtx is a much better amp only reason im not getting amps from him now is all hes has are the huge jbl crown amps and hith other vehicle is a special made 6000 watt fusion amps. im just needing an amp no for someone to question my install. i know what im doing i just need an amp thats all

Bronze Member
Username: Kickdoor

Post Number: 20
He didnt ask about how he blew his amps he simply asked if anyone knew a good amp........ Mtx are good amps i dont know which is better but the mtx's i had alot of experience with them. But 225 you might want to save up more money since its hard to find a amp in that price range. Look on ebay and see if you fnd anything in your price range and post back.

Post Number: 9
ive looked on ebay ive just seen people on this website needing amps and people offer all sorts of stuff. i can go a little more im not trying to get in the upper 300 range. i just put 225.00 so people dont start offering like 500 dollar amps.id like to try the kicker 1200.1

Gold Member

MN United States

Post Number: 1031
Let's get one thing clear, christopher.. you came to this forum and talked to us about your problem. People here have experienced many, many!, types of amps and subs. Most of us have had many setups within a single year and are still not satisfied. But for the majority, we haven't fried our amps or blown our subs.

So when you come here telling us you blew up a grade A- amp, not top notch but a pretty d@mn good amp for the money, and you also exclaim you cranked the gain.. yeah, we're going to tell you how you blew it.

YOU blew it, regardless of how, you did it. Not us. So don't try to convince us the amp was garbage when you already confessed to blowing the amp by cranking the gains... in your own words of course.

Now that I've gotten that out of the way.. how much power do you need and what ohm load are you going to be running it at?

Silver Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 477
christopher

3 dual 4ohm subs equals 2.67 ohm load I think the JBL amp you used is 1ohm stable maybe thats why you blowed that amp.

Post Number: 10
guys i dont know how many times i have to say this some of you are listening some not thanks to those who did read the topic. guess no one can help i dont care about the jbl ineed amp not guidance.i dont need to know how to wire and the jbl runs better at 2 ohms look it up it is 1 ohm stable . but i need amp ampampampampampampampampa anyone have an xtant that will talk to you on the phone not be weird about it

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 2918
you need to state the voice coil conf of the subs, dual 4 or dual 2, then it can be easier to match an amp.

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 2919
you need around a 1200-1500w amp, if they are dual 4 ohms then you need an amp like the kicker zx1500.1 or a memphis 1500 and seeing how the amp load would be closer to 3 ohms, if they are dual 2 ohms then you would be at 1.66 ohms, a little closer, but the amps would need to be 1ohm like last years kicker kx1200.1. Your going to find it hard to get a good amp to run those for 225, save some more money.

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 1079
hey cris befor you buy another amp learn how to set the gain so you dont blow it!

if your such a pro and youve ran sooo many set ups what have they been?

and the amps ty mentnioned abouve are nice

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
its chris! another setup was 16 mtx 81000d's and 5 mtx rfl 's

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 1940
save more money. you won't get anything worth buying with $225. have you looked at the ed nine.1 yet, it's only $315 shipped and will put out 1300-1400wrms @ 1ohm.

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 1090
16 81000ds, what kind of charging sytem did you have.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
12 yellow tops special made ben sams ins the owner daytona florida db drag

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 1100
damn thats alot of batts!!! got any pics?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
got some pics but not of the batts dont have a scanner but am looking for on but you can google world comp bens sams mtx van

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 2802
get a good amp around 1500w rms, and control the gain

Silver Member
Username: Cavsmaxima

New York United States

Post Number: 398
get the kicker KX12001 its got about 1500 RMS at 1 OHM, But dont turn the gain all the way up lol might blow another good amp...

Gold Member

MN United States

Post Number: 1090
I did the math 3 times and got the same end result.. 2.66 ohms, not 1.66 ohms.

If the subs are all three run in parallel it'll be a 2.66 ohm load, if run in series it'll be a .66 ohm load.

Like I said in my emails Christopher, you'll need an amp that'll do closer to 1.3k-1.4k @ 2 ohms to achieve 1200w/RMS

Silver Member
Username: Jcash

Post Number: 142
"get a good amp around 1500w rms, and control the gain"

you say the stup!dest things just to get youur post count up thats why no one cares what you think anymore.......

Gold Member

Post Number: 2846
is that stupid? Jcash you just changed your name and now you're smart! STFU, he only need a 1500w rms amp at 2 ohms so he can match up the subs.

Stupid people on this forum....

Keep posting you dumbass if that's what you like.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
thank you im glad someone here knows what there talking about.all these people that keep telling me to turn my gain down are idiots for one you can turn your gain up if you have a good headunit you adjust til it starts to distort and i ran it up only for a comp not when i blew it people dont listen or know what there talking about.and i didnt even ask why it blew nor do i care i just want a new amp. i agree with you juliob guess we need to start a "look before you respond and know what the guy is asking and please nobody that doest know what there talking about forum" this is not to everyone just those who dont read what the topic is

Silver Member
Username: Jcash

Post Number: 149
none takes his advise seriously he tries to rise his pount count up to look smart.

control the gain it might get out of control lololol

Gold Member

Post Number: 2850
Well Reece or jcash, if you put your gain too high you might clip and if you are underpowering and don't control it you might blow something.

Still acting like a dumb??

"he tries to rise his pount count up to look smart"

Well start doing that so you can be like me you dumba$$ lol!

Nobody believes in your posts cuz they're not real, just something stupid to annoy people.

Silver Member
Username: Kaos15th

Post Number: 246
nothing like two retards goin at it LOLOLOLOL

Silver Member
Username: Cavsmaxima

New York United States

Post Number: 404
Christopher i dont understand if your so freaking smart and everyone else is so dumb why cant you find an amp for yourself without asking us idiots?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
im not anymore all this has been is people telling me why i blew my amp.I DONT CARE WHY I BLEW IT. and when i blew gain was down.i was looking for a cheaper amp for one of my few cars. i have an orion beast in one of my cars and does great now i just bought a mtx 81001 from a guy i know for 280 so i no longer need help and the great thing is the guy didnt even tell me why i blew my jbl amp he just sold it to me like i asked its amazing what some humans are capable of doing.some of you guys not all need to quit trying to be know it alls and trying reading the topic and actually help someone some people are cool in here said there peice and left it at that not mad at anyone just like to spice things up all of you are good people just try to help people next time peace im out....................

Username: Mitymouse

Post Number: 9
First off, 3 DVC 4ohm subs in parallel will be 2/3 ohms. That's less than 1 ohm, so no matter what the gain was, the ohm rating was too low. You need to run 2 or 4 of those subs. 2 of them and you run a 1 ohm stable amp. 4 of them and you run a 2 ohm stable amp. All in parallel. You could run 3 of them at 4/3 ohm in parallel and series, but you'd still need a 1 ohm stable amp.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us