Where to mount my amp

Bronze Member
Username: Garciag

Post Number: 39
i heard nailing them to the box can cause them to mess up eventually is that true?

Bronze Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 95
what kind of car u have?

screwing it onto the box is usually bad due to vibration...

if you have a sedan u can just put it on the trunk floor or on the back seat screwed in....

i have an SUV and have mine screwed on the back of the rear seats...

take into consideration, visibility (to outside), overheating (does ur amp have a fan or get real hot?), and scratches (always wanna keep it clean incase of a sale :P)

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 6721
if you put a extra piece of mdf and mount it to the box then mount the amp to that you will be fine. The main reason for not mounting on a box is that it is wasily stolen. if someone grabs the box they have your amp also.

Silver Member
Username: Renegadesrun

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 249
Ask any amp repairman. 3/4 of the amps recieved were mounted to any enclosure. Newtons law of Physics should pretty much explain why.

When necessary to do so because of space limitations, i have mounted using a large piece of rubber (dont care what) to add between the amp and enclosure.

Theft? I might suggest full coverage, or at least making the agent aware of it, and have him take pics and copy your documentation.

Should be covered under most ppls comprehensive.....which cost nothing extra. The last set-up i had was insured for 14,900.

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Hamilton, Indiana United states

Post Number: 1633
you could put it under the passanger or drivers seat.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 2819
^^^but someone can kick your amp or cut a wire

Silver Member
Username: Cavsmaxima

New York United States

Post Number: 396
just put it on the side of your trunk

Gold Member
Username: Makmillion

MN United States

Post Number: 1091
"Should be covered under most ppls comprehensive.....which cost nothing extra."

There are three levels of insurance:

Liability
Comprehensive
Full Coverage

Each level of insurance carries it's own cost, Comprehensive does, in fact, cost more than Liability. I know, because I have Comprehensive :-)

-------------

Aside from that, don't mount it to your box! Mount it to the back of your seat, you can even bolt a piece of 3/4" MDF down to the back of the seat so you can use t-nuts to secure your amp better.. but don't screw it down to the box. Not only is that not smart because of theft issues, it's not a good idea because if/when you swap out amps you'll have screw holes in your box.. if sealed it won't be anymore, if ported it won't be tuned correctly anymore.

If you have a big enough rear deck, you can screw the amp down upside-down on that, but you might want an insulator (piece of rubber or something similer) between the amp and the rear deck, because of common grounding issues and amps being made out of metal and all.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us