PPI 5440

Silver Member
Username: Killer44

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 681
Just stoped by a local Cash Converters sorta like a pawn shop, but the got lots of new car audio stuff aswell(wiring kits, some speakers) and of course lots of used car audio aswell, i was suprised to see the wave a few JLWO subs and one mmats sub, they also have a 10cvr witha custom ported box for 80$ the sub looks brand new, i might pick it up for my truck...but neways i was looking in the amp display and they got a PPI 5440 AMP for 180$ does anyone know nething about this amp i know PPI is a good company but is this amp worth picking up and i was gunna get it for my brother who is gunna run a mmats pro series 12 (250rms dvc 4ohm) would the amp be good....thanx in advance...

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 2738
Awesome amp, just check if the amp worths the money but it is pretty good

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 682
u know if PPI has a site...i googled it but wasnt able to find ne specs for the amp...

Gold Member

Post Number: 2745
www.ampguts.realmofexcursion.com

There you will find internal/external pics with RMS ratings

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 683
thanx for the site but maybe im looking wrong i couldnt find one for the PPI5440

Silver Member
Username: Tdawg30

Ohio USA

Post Number: 313
http://www.ampguts.realmofexcursion.com/PPI_5440/

there ya go

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 684
thanx alot trevor....must have overlooked it, do u know or neone know if the amp is under rated or not?...just wondering

Silver Member
Username: Tdawg30

Ohio USA

Post Number: 334
i have never heard any ppi amps, but i have heard great things, but for what was it, 180..... i dont think it is gonna be the greatest for the money.

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 689
he was originnaly gunna buy a rockford amp
http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?sku_id=0665000FS10040348&catid=1 1031&logon=&langid=EN
cuz it was 299$ for about year, and jsut went on sale for 199$ and he kinda wants to buy from a shop not online, so would he be better off with that amp...and jsut use the h/u to run the speakers for now...

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 6673
If it works it is worth it.

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 690
ok thanx alot james...ill prob take my systme out of my truck and jsut use my wiring to test it out i dont trust those ppl that much ill bring a sub and a speaker to test each channel with...that should be good for testing it right or should i get them to do nething else b4 i buy it...

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 691
ok so im gunna go some time in the next week with my brother to buy that amp, and prob the compvr for me, lol was planning on adding a 8"cvr to go with my 2 10 cvr's but why not make it a 3 10's lol....well is there anything special i should get them to do or test on the amp before i buy it, b/c its caraudio its one of the only things they dont warranty, i know they do tests on subs cuz i was gunna buy two there befroe but they tested them first and it turned out they were both blown...lucky me...so if neone knows what to get them to test for then jsut post em...thanks

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 6676
Make sure that you can turn it up and it doesnt go into protection, make sure it doesnt blow fuses at high volumes, make sure the LPF and HPF both work, ect...

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 697
Upload
so i picked up the amp yesterday for my brother james, plus that compvr they had for myself, i love gettin new car audio to play around with lol...so i got them to test everything u said on the amp there, it was all good,i took it apart @ home and it all looked jsut like the amp guts on roe, the one thing that was weird was that @ the store when testing the amp (hooked to a 25 amp powersuply i think) so the amp powered up fine, so they hooked up the speaker channel worked good, but witht he sub rca input hooked up the sub channel did play when hooked to the compvr i bought from them( wired to 4ohms) but then when the rca comming from there test h/u were hooked to the front input on the amp the sub channel worked fine, same witht the rear input, so i figurd maybe it was b/c the crappy sony h/u they were using to test only had one rca output on the back of it, and it wasnt a sub output? maybe it was paying a frequency the sub couldnt? or maybe the sub settings (lpf,hpf,full and a some other dials on the amp) werent set correctly so the sub didnt play...well im gunna take the equipement out of my s10 sometime this month and mess around with the amp, if anyone knows whats up with the sub input on the amp or a reason why its not playing maybe your could give some suggestions... heres the roe site for the amp
http://ampguts.realmofexcursion.com/PPI_5440/

and heres what the end of the amp looks like with all the switches and such...i know what theyall are basically jsut a dont ifmaybe they were set incorrectly...(this isnt actual amp, pic from roe)
http://ampguts.realmofexcursion.com/PPI_5440/outside2.jpg

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 702
bump...

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 6742
you got a killer deal Killer:-) no pun intended lol

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 704
lol thanx james yeah when i saw it in the diplay my eyes litt up, i knew from being on here for about two years that PPI amps were great, plus i was excited for my other cvr, they are 160 new @ the shop i was gunna buy it from...u have ne idea about the sub input problem on the amp...i thought even if it was broken it was most likely an easy fix and like i said the sub channel worked when front and rear rca's were hooked up but not when the sub rca was hooked up...i explained reasons why i thought this was happening above...

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 707
nite bump going to bed...

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 709
morning bump. just got up....

Gold Member

Post Number: 2809
killer deal lol!

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 6747
nope I would hook it up to your car and see what you have . if it is still messed up you go from there.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us