Wiring 2 amps?

Bronze Member
Username: Bigman3889

Post Number: 30
So i have 1 amp installed already...it powers my 2 subs..but im getting another amp to power my front and rear speakers...the amp i already have installed has RCA outputs...which means i can just use the outputs from that amp into the input of the new amp...but im afraid ill lose alot of frequencies...how could i wire these?

Silver Member
Username: Freezeman_7

Lindsay, Oklahoma

Post Number: 339
on mine. i jus have a seperate 8awg kit from my batter to my amp. and jus run another set of rca's.. it was alot easier... and it works like a champ. so i have 2 amp kits coming off my battery. 4awg and 8awg. works great

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
see the power wiring and all that is simple i got that.. i ran a 4awg wire and split it into 2 8awg wires...but the RCA's are my probably i dont have another set of outputs on my head unit..i only have 1 set

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 4814
This question kills me. Use the search option!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
what search option?! can u just tell me if theres another way i can wire it or is it not possible

Silver Member

Lindsay, Oklahoma

Post Number: 340
man im tellin you my way was so freaking easy jus run it right next to the 4 gauge but take it to a different amp... but u might not to be able to ... my hu is badass its got 4 sets of rca's

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
lol im good with the power wire i already did it...but im talking about the RCA's now...if i dont have another set of outputs on the heard unit im not gonna be able to right? ..i think my amp has speaker inputs tho...so i can wire the speaker inputs into the speakers and use the RCA's for the new amp right?

Silver Member

Lindsay, Oklahoma

Post Number: 342
yeah, that should work. i might try that one day for fun... lemme know how it pans out for ya b4 i screw something up

Username: Dbcat911

Inglewood, California United states

Post Number: 1
split the 4g an get your self an eq or crossover for better sound quality

Silver Member
Username: Audioguy22

S.F., Cal.

Post Number: 239
The output on your amp should be a pass thru(full range).

Bronze Member
Username: Aj1218

Post Number: 23
you can also buy "y" splitters but they take a little away from spl ranges
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us