New Battery?

Silver Member
Username: Sweatyogre

Erie, PA USA

Post Number: 159
How much of an improvement will it make if I get a higher quality battery? What's the best kind of battery to get?

Silver Member

Erie, PA USA

Post Number: 160
Also, I was wondering how high of an amperage alternator I should get (it's not definate, but if I can get the money set aside I want one). I have an Audiobahn A8000T running at 2 ohms, and I'm getting about 600 watts out of it. I will probably be adding an amp for my highs soon, but nothing too big, something like 250 watts RMS.

I don't see myself getting a much more powerful amp anytime soon, so I'll just worry about an alt that can handle this much for now.

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 3162
just upgrading the battery and nothng else, prob no improvement system wise.

best kind of battery to get would be an Optima, Kinetik, Stinger or odyssey. as to deep cycle or not, thats still pretty much an ongoing debate.

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 3163
Watts RMS / 12.6V = amperage

thats the max amperage the system should pull, not exact though. add that to your stock alt size or add around 50 amps and that'll be a good starting point to look for a HO Alt.

Silver Member

Erie, PA USA

Post Number: 161
(600 + 250)/12.6 = 67.5

My stock alt is 90 amps, so I'd be alright with a 130 amp alt, but a 180 amp wouldn't hurt?

Silver Member
Username: Makmillion

MN United States

Post Number: 859
Do you really think you need to upgrade your alt with only 600 watts flowing through your amp? I mean, it won't hurt.. but I don't see 600 watts being a problem.. unless you add a speaker amp that puts out at least 400 watts RMS, I wouldn't do it.

Just my thoughts, I could be wrong.. but from second hand experience, and reading this forum.. 600 watts isn't much to worry about

Silver Member

Erie, PA USA

Post Number: 162
I want room to upgrade, and the way I understood it my stock alt won't hold up for much. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't straining my alt.

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 3169
you could always try it and see how your stock alt will handle it.

the bigger the better, you want the voltage as stable as possible. more can't hurt.

Bronze Member
Username: Volfenhagking1600

Post Number: 17
this is my amp?http://www.cardiscountstereos.com/catalog%20page.asp?Product+%23=ZX7190
i have 2 12" volfenhag competition subs hooked up at 2 ohms to the amp. what size alternator, battery, caps would be good? Ne one know???????
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us