Rockfordfosgate Capacitor .5 Can I use this HELP

Username: Mustangman

PA

Post Number: 1
Someone gave me a Rockford Fosgate Punch Capacitor CPC05 20 volt .5 My system is a Mach1000 Audio System came with my 02 Mustang GT.
System 6 Disc AM/FM Digital Signal Processing Radio (4x15 watts C.A.P. at 2% THD).
4 Mach MA 185 amplifiers (85 Watts C.A.P. at 2% THD).
2 Mach 10" Subwoofers in integral 14 liter sealed enclosures.
2 rear seat woofer assemblies each with one 5.5" x 7.5" woofer in a 10 liter enclosure and one 2.5" mid/tweeter.
2 Subwoofer amplifiers with 85 watts C.A.P.
2 5.5" x 7.5" infinite baffle front door woofers.
2 2.5" mirror patch mid tweeters.
Can I use this capacitor with this system?
Also is it hard to install yourself. Please help.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2777
the capacitor won't help.
you really can't use it effectively with a stock system anyway.
without knowing what you're doing, that capacitor is capable of causing you serious bodily harm, so I wouldn't bother trying to mess with it.
your best bet is to sell it.

Username: Mustangman

PA

Post Number: 2
My stereo kicks a$$. I would have to say that the system I have is pretty good and up there with the rest of the fancy names JVC SONY etc etc... I would have a professional install this if needed. I am adding some modifications to my engine and would like to take some of the draw off the battery. What is wrong with a stock system? Please let me know. Thanks

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2800
the capacitor won't take any load off of anything.
if you want to decrease load on the battery or motor, turn off the stereo.

Username: Blindell

Post Number: 5
The mustang mach4 audio is pretty decent, especially considering its factory.. as a geek I can think of about 10 things I could do with a .5F cap that would be better than hooking it up to a prefab, pretty much perfected system...

One thing Ive been thinking I might do for my mustang is take a small cap (smaller than .5F, which is quite large when you think about it, but it would work) and attach it as a 2ndary power to my head unit. Not for the purpose of smoothing power, but so when I turn my key from engine on to acc, my stereo doesnt turn off.

As far as taking a load off your engine.. if you mean off your electrical system, yeah theres stuff you can do, but as far as improving engine performance by reducing electrical load on the engine:

1 Horse power == 746 watts.
Even after factoring in efficiencies, your looking at your entire electrical system, mach4 and all maybe degrading your pony's power by 1%.. and thats with full AC, full stereo, and high beams.

Hell if you happen upon a few more of those caps, do a google search on instructions to build a Rail Gun.. fun times i tell ya =D

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2838
if you want to avoid losing power when you flip the keys, I can show you the relay circuit so the stereo stays on till you open the driver's side door, even.
no keys needed.

I wouldn't suggest trying to build a gauss rifle though

Bronze Member
Username: Blindell

Post Number: 11
What I may just end up doing is plugging my headunit into my batt, not the line going to the accessory fuse box...

and rail guns are teh sh!t
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us