5.1 Whats the story?

Silver Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 980
Ok, for 5.1, do you need any speacial head unit or does the signal just need to be broken up for a center channel via some sort of EQ or something. Or is 5.1 some new way of saying , bass, mids, and highs? I came across this eq, the first Ive seen that is capable of putting out a center channel, so whats the Story ?

Yea, its a junk brand, but the only one I found, so far.

http://cgi.ebay.com/5-1-Channel-Car-Stereo-Parametric-Equalizer-Pre-Amp-EQ_W0QQi temZ280034244600QQihZ018QQcategoryZ79841QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 3157
i really wouldn't expect much from that thing or realy for it to even be a true 5.1.

usually for 5.1 you will need something like the Alpine PXA-H701 or PXI-H990 processor for a true 5.1 surround setup. a simple crossover like that ebay listing i couldn't imagine being able to do the processing necessary.

although the Panasonic 7001U dvd unit i had a while back had 5.1 pre outs out the back.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5679
To do 5.1 surround sound, you will need a HU that can decode DTS/Dolby Digital. You then will need a processor that can take the digital signal and separate them into front/rear/centre and sub.
That item on eBay comes at the later stage. So it is useless. With digital surround, you don't need an tone control.
My JVC 5000 HU comes with digital optical output.

Silver Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 984
So, Its all in the processor. I was hoping to find something, Like that above, That I could just add on to my exsisting system. I dont want a dvd HU, just CD. Well, I will keep looking. Alpine has some nice stuff, but I think the price will come down as more players get into it.
Thanks guys.

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1103
Well I got it .

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums