4 channel bridgeable amps.

Silver Member
Username: Kevbo887

Post Number: 109
Well, after buying that nitro 4 channel amp, and experimenting, I have decided to look for a new amp, one that was decent. Ive figured it, I do not need the rear filled amp, as I barely hear that anyways.

My friend saw me browsing some stores online for a good amplifier, and offered me one that he owns for free. He said it still works fine and is in good condition, but he just doesn't use it anymore.....I looked it up online and here it is : http://walmart.scosche-cars.com/products/?sfID1=26&productID=1642&walmartProduct ID=4694342

I know I know it's a Sony, but hey, its free.
I have a few questions on this amplifier though. I plan on using 2 of the channels for the two front speakers which now sound amazing amplified (btw im going to ditch that nitro amp when I install this one). The other two im going to bridge toghether for a subwoofer. The thing is, I have two subwoofers lying around my garage. I was wondering, could I wire them both up onto this bridged channel, or only one of them. The subs supports either 2 or 4 ohms!

Just curious as to if I tried this if it would ruin anything, or if anyone on here would know!

Thanks guys!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 110
Evidently that link does not work.....heres what it says though :

Any car's system is going to sound better, and look better, when you install the Sony Xplod 600 Watt 4-Channel Amplifier XM-554ZR. Plenty of power, and it's matched with kind of style you want to show off.

Technical Information
Channel(s)
4 Channel(s)
Output Power

4 x 55W RMS @ 4Ohm
4 x 65W RMS @ 2Ohm
1 x 130W RMS @ 4Ohm - Bridged

Maximum Power
600W

Miscellaneous
Additional Information
MOSFET power supply

Silver Member

Post Number: 111
Anyone? Thanks! :-)

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 2869
only bridgable if the subs are dual 4ohm or single 8 ohm speakers(for 2 subs)

Silver Member

Post Number: 112
Well at one point I had the subs hooked up to a mono amplifier. So would that mean that I could bridge the amp with those two subs? Sorry, im stupid!

Silver Member
Username: Tdawg30

Ohio USA

Post Number: 294
hey man what kind of components do you have??? whats the rms on em? and do you have a subwoofer??

Silver Member
Username: Makmillion

MN United States

Post Number: 795
You can bridge that amp at 4 ohms.. what ty mutlow is trying to say is it's not 2 ohms stable in bridged mode.

Silver Member

Post Number: 113
So pretty much, I can only use one of those subs, and not both of them?

Silver Member

Post Number: 114
Sorry if im being annoying and stupid, I just dont want to ruin either the amp or the subs. Too afraid to experiment for a loss haha. Thanks :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 2872
how many and what ohm load are the subs

Gold Member

Post Number: 2873
sorry, how many voice coils and what ohm load are they

Silver Member

Post Number: 115
Says single voice coil and 4 ohm.

But I always thought you could not use two single 4 ohm voice coils on a mono amp like I used these ones on......gosh im confusing myself haha.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5681
Kevin, you can use 2 SVC subs on a mono amp as long as you watch the ohms. If the amp is 2ohm stable, it's possible.
It's all mathematics. Whether you have 2,3,or 4 subs, as long as they add up, then you're fine.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2876
I would buy a small 2 ohm mono amp and run the subs off that, then amp all your internal speakers with the 4 channel.

Silver Member

Post Number: 116
Well, Ill see how the one sub sounds. Like I stated, I dont really want a lot of bass, just enough to equal everything out and not be lacking. I think 150watts to one 10" sub should hopefully suffice my needs. When I had the 2 10" subs in there, thats pretty much all I could heard. I mean, it was nice sometimes, but just plain got annoying after a while.

Thanks for all of your help guys!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us