?'s About JL 500.1 Amp

Bronze Member
Username: Panache

Brenham, TX US

Post Number: 47
I just got a JL 500.1 from a pawn shop (no pamplet or box :-( ) and I have a few questions for someone who has one.
1) What is the Preamp Output Section for? What is the Infrasonic Filter for? What does the Apm LP Filter do? And why does the amp have a modem/phone plug on it and what is that for?

I new to car audio and I have nothing to go by since the amp came with no booklet. Thx for everything.

Bronze Member

Brenham, TX US

Post Number: 48
NVM guys..... JL's website is working now!

Anonymous

here look @ this it tells you everything you need to know. http://www.jlaudio.com/amps/5001.html

Bronze Member

Brenham, TX US

Post Number: 49
Whats the best way to tune this amp? too many knobs for my slow a$$ to comprehend.

Bronze Member

Brenham, TX US

Post Number: 50
And is it possible to blow a 10"w6v2 with a JL 500.1 amp?

dert
Unregistered guest
nobodys interested jason, just leave it.

jj
Unregistered guest
shut up you idiot nobody ask you loser DIRT should be your name

Anonymous

It shouldn't blow. JL's subs are WAYYYY underrated. If you look at the chart on their website, you'll see how far past their "optimum" wattage you can push it before the warranty is void. As far as tuning it goes, it depends on the sub and box combo, but q factor and other tuning could always help. The PDF owners manual on jlaudio.com for the amp or for the sub will show you basics of tuning a Jl monoblock amp. you can go by ear, if you don't hear a difference, leave it. Or you can get a spectrum analyzer (which you can use for the whole car's sound, a GREAT tool if you're serious about car audio.) and it will give you the frequency curve, then you can go from there.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us