Wiring another amp?

Bronze Member
Username: Bigman3889

Post Number: 17
so i have a sony xplod 1200wat maxx wired into my trunk....with 8 guage wires...now im most likely gonna get another xplod amp..the smaller one tho.. i kno its 125 RMS probably around 800ish maxx....whats my best way to go with wiring it...split the existing 8guage? run another wire? i dont mind running another wire but whats my best best?

Username: Lvfiveo

Post Number: 7
Run another 8 guage wire, or run one 4 guage wire. Don't want to be mean but maybe you should consider dumping the sonys and going with something else?

Silver Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 439
Get yourself a distribution block :-) I also agree with Vince,you should take a look into other products besides sony.

Silver Member
Username: Freezeman_7

Post Number: 232
agreed^^^^

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3707
the best is to get a distribution block. since that amp doesnt have alot of power, just run a 4 awg power wire form the 12v constat, to the distributon block, and then out of the distribution block splits (2) 8 awg power wires, one goin to each amp...

then all you do is connect the REM wire from one amp straight to the REM wire to the other amp then to ur HU,,, make sure your gain is set the same on both amps tho.

as far as it being a sony product, i would have picked somthin better out.

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3709
bump

Silver Member
Username: Makmillion

MN United States

Post Number: 700
If you like your sony amps, keep them :-)

BUT

There are amps out there that will put out the power you will want with only one amp..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
I was talking to a substitute teach at my school (random) and he said it would be god to run a 4 guage wire to the 1200 watt amp and a 8 guage to the smaller one since the bigger amps gonna need more juice feedin the subs...and with the second amp...do I run the RCA plugs from the output on the first amp or do I have to runa nother RCA cable cause idk if I could

Silver Member

Post Number: 233
no man he dont need no 4 awg wire to that 1000watt. that is the peak. with rms only like 200 or somewhere close like that. ok heres what you u need to do matt run 4 awg from your batt. back to where your amps are. feed that into a dist. block. when it splits run 8 awg from there and then to both amps/ so i prettty much said what bassman 3 said. but do it our way. lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
lol aye aye captain... and just with the RCA's.... my amp i think has RCA outputs....so should i run the second amps RCA's out the 1st amp?

Silver Member

Post Number: 238
yep thats it buddy, let us know if it sounds n e better/louder. some amps actually put out more when thr linked 2gether, dont no if sony does. idk, i guess we will find soon
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us