Kenwood amps for 4 jl 12w7????????????

Username: Ctw1884

Clarksville, Ky Us

Post Number: 1
i have just bought 4 jl 12w7 to go in my 2000 ford explorer. I have a 3 kenwood amps i bought to push these speakers ...1 kenwood excelon 1000w kac 522,1 kenwood excelon kac 521 (not sure on the watts) and a 1800 watt kenwood (not excelon). i know i should buy 4 jl 1000/1 amps but that would be expensive ..would these amps be alright for the subs?

Silver Member
Username: Bernymac

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 311
your going to power each sub with different amps........umm. I would say, sell the amps. Are the subs 4ohm DVC or 2 ohm. I would get a 2000rms watt amp per 2 subwoofers. Because they can handle 1000rms but still work good with 800rms. Plus you have to look into charging system upgrades. Thats going to be a lot of power. nice subs btw.

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 2839
those subs are single 3ohm speakers, you need like the JL or the PG xeon series, stable at various ohm loads, or like a strong 2000 watt(or 2500) maybe like a orion 2500d to each pair.

Clarksville, Ky Us

Post Number: 4
an orion 2500d is about the same price as a 1000/1 right ..so i might as well buy a jl 1000/1 ...i really didnt want to spend that much but i want my sh*t to kick @ss so im looking on ebay right now

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 2549
worst match up ever! kenwood with JL, that's funny man don't put them together please.

Silver Member
Username: Cavsmaxima

New York United States

Post Number: 312
spend the extra money, u already had to spend a lot on those subs, why not jus put it into the amps also

Clarksville, Ky Us

Post Number: 6
how bout a KOLE AUDIO 3000 W Class D MONO SUB AMP POWER ACOUSTIK sais 1100 watts -4ohms . that is one speaker needs right?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2563
^^^^ that amp is not so great, that's more a budget amp and will work if you were going to run it at 1 ohm. Seriously save more money and buy some jl 1000/1

Username: Mike_stokes

Post Number: 3
kenwood amps are close to worthless for advanced systems. i have an amp that i'd sell to you that would push all 4 subs. TREO ssx1500.1 pushes out a TRUE 2700Wrms at 12.2V (that's when your car isn't running) and somewhere around 3200Wrms when the car is running. anyways, i paid $1269 for the amp 6 weeks ago but i can't turn it up because i don't have an extra car battery. damn dude, throw an optima yellow top in the back with this amp and those subs and HOLY HELL that would be loud and sound very clear. (the THD on my amp is 0.003% which means you have an almost perfectly clear signal pushing your subs. try to find another amp with a THD that low!)

Gold Member

Post Number: 2621
^^^doesn't matter too much the THD cuz you can have 0.001 and an amp with 0.1 and your ears won't notice the difference.

1% is even good when you're pushing subs...

Silver Member
Username: Johnfiac

Il USA

Post Number: 434
just buy 2 orion 2500d's and connect a pair to each, it will cost you about half what it will cost to get 4 jl\1000 amps and will sound just about as good.. right? $800~ish
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us