Power Inverter Mess-up

Bronze Member
Username: Claytonk

Carlsbad, CA USA

Post Number: 40
After playing my gamecube in my car for about 5 or 10 minutes, my power inverter starts a very high pitched ringing. Once I turn off the gamecube it immediately stops. My inverter is 150 watts continuous power. Am i underpowering my gamecube and overworking the inverter?

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 3066
i thnk a 150 watt inverter will only put out 11 amps. could be less depending on model though.

check the AC cable for the output Ampres the system needs.

Silver Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL USA

Post Number: 506
If you were pulling to many watts\amps that could happen.. i have a tiny lil converter that plugs into cell phone charger and its 125watt .5A max.. i connected my laptop to it, its like 125V 7A and it worked.. just took a while to charge and got the invertor super hot.. but it still works :p, Paul do you got a system to, a good enough power supply for it all? I think Its possible you werent giving the invertor enough power to..

Silver Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL USA

Post Number: 507
If you were pulling to many watts\amps that could happen.. i have a tiny lil converter that plugs into cell phone charger and its 125watt .5A max.. i connected my laptop to it, its like 125V 7A and it worked.. just took a while to charge and got the invertor super hot.. but it still works :p, Paul do you got a system to, a good enough power supply for it all? I think Its possible you werent giving the invertor enough power to..

Gold Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1148
150watts = 150 / 120V = 1.25 Amps
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us