WILL THIS AMP POWER THESE SUBD... PLEASE HELP

Username: Shortnorth22

Post Number: 3
i have 2 12 inch sony xplod subwoofers model # XS-L123P5B and a sony amp model #XM-2002GTR. The subs run at 1300 max power and up to 380 RMS. THe amp is a 2 channel and has a 1200W max power. I need to know if this amp will power these subs. any help at all is great thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 2519
sell everything that says sony

Silver Member
Username: Tremor1127

Post Number: 199
x2

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Hamilton, Indiana United states

Post Number: 1103
yep^^^, if you can get anything out of it.lol

Bronze Member
Username: Elmagico

Post Number: 33
sony sucks that amp will overheat no matter what you put on it speakers will crack cause the coils overheat to.

Silver Member
Username: Makmillion

MN United States

Post Number: 597
doubt that, lmfao.

how are you going to claim that any sony amp will overheat and it will crack any speakers that are attatched to it? are you God?! lmao!

I do, however, think that you can get ALOT better amp and subs. I doubt they will crack, the amp might overheat... it depends on where you mount it and how well it's ventilated, as well as what impediance you run the amp at (i.e 2 ohms or 4 ohms).

juliob has a point.. you should sell it all as a package.. I recommend ebay because alot of people buy sony there.

if you decide to keep it, yes that amp will work for your subs.. no you will not be putting the correct wattage to them. You will get 200 watts to each sub and your subs will take 5-380 watts RMS each. They would sound better with a bigger amp but they will work with your current amp.. they just won't sound as good as they would with an amp that puts out more power. You will need to wire your amp in stereo (one speaker to each channel) in order for the amp to put 200rms to each sub... and yes to those who question it, it IS 2006CEA compliant so it will do 200 (not so clean) watts.

Silver Member
Username: Cavsmaxima

New York United States

Post Number: 283
i had a sony amp powering my kickers for a few weeks, it never over heated or anything. Like mike said you wont be fully powering the subs with that amp but dont go and buy a better amp and keep those subs. If your going to do anything keep the sub and amp and save up some money for some new stuff. Before you buy anything else come here and make a thread and people will help you. Too bad you didnt post before you got the sony stuff. But good luck, hope it sounds good.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2526
sell them locally to a young guy from a school or something like that but seriously, if you guys ae on a budget, why don't you come here and ask for a cheap setup instead of buying and then asking?

Silver Member

New York United States

Post Number: 291
^^^^.... I always wanted to do that, i see julio do it in all the posts lol :-)

Silver Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 250
Well if you're stuck with the amp and subs...that amp should be fine powering those subs.When you want to upgrade to a better setup come here and give us your budget,we'll steer you in the right direction :-)

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 6631
sure it should run it. If it sounds good to you then keep it, if you dont like it then sell it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2530
haha ^^^lol!

Silver Member

New York United States

Post Number: 301
lolol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums