Help with cassette to iPod!

Username: Craig_buschle

Post Number: 1
I have a 1994 Pontiac Grand Am SE. My iTrip works terribly in this car, so I decided to buy a cassette adapter that I plug into my iPod. It worked great, until the cassette started going backwards (in which you could barely hear the music) then going forwards again a few seconds later at normal tone. But it keeps doing this, over and over every several second increments! Is it just an old, bad cassette deck in this car? Answers/input/advice are greatly appreciated.

Silver Member
Username: Dkchillin

Vermont

Post Number: 286
It sounds like the tape deck is trying to auto-reverse the cassette adapter. It's almost certainly an issue with the tape deck, but you might want to try and find another tape deck to try the adapter in just to make sure it's not some strange issue with that. I had a friend who had the iTrip and he was never happy with it and just ended up getting a cheap aftermarket deck on ebay and using the AUX in. The best FM transmitter I've seen is the Monster iCarPlay, but it's $90.

Silver Member
Username: Cavsmaxima

New York United States

Post Number: 273
I bought that Monster adapter. I personally hated it... None of the channels would play clear, it didnt get loud, when i found a good station it sounded good for 2 mins then got staticy, My personal opinion dont get it. Or do what i did buy it test it and then give it back if your not satisfied
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us