Amp going in protect???

Silver Member
Username: Gangstafert

Jacksonville, Florida USA

Post Number: 314
I am running An autotek MM1400. With 2 arsenals wired at one ohm and i have the gain set under halfway if i go anymore my amp will go into protect at full volume. I dont think my amps gain matches my HU preout voltage where it is now but that is the only place it will work. Can anyone help me??

Gold Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 1609
...then dont turn it up all the way.

Can your charging system handle the power that amp wants at one ohm?

Is the amp extremly hot when it shuts off?

Silver Member

Post Number: 315
The amp does get hot, but if the charging sytstem couldnt handle it then why would the amp cut off?

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 2464
protection^^^^^^ andrew capps had the same problem with his arsenal too, the coil was blown... maybe you should check the subs and your charging system. Another question is what's your HU preout voltage

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 6099
you must be severely clippin the amp for it to go into protect mode.

the gain doesn't determine how much power the amp puts out. it is used to match the input Voltage from the HU.

with too sensitive of a gain setting and a higher votage going into it, the amp will clip.

also if the amp doesnt "have the current to make the current" then it will send a clipped signal with what current it has to counter for the weak power input.

Bronze Member
Username: Renegadesrun

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 70
What deck? What v?

Silver Member

Post Number: 316
Its a dual 7500 and its 3volts and on my amp i dont have it set no where near where 3 is but thats the only way it wont go into protect. I have already talked to andrew a while back and i just got my arsenal back from chad because my previous one( I am running two but one messed up) Got destroyed, How i dont know, but chad at AA said he had never seen anything like it before im guessing it was a faulty driver but i dont know. I have a yellow top up front but no big3 or alternator. My subs are working where everything is set now i just dont understand why it dosnt work where it should be??

Silver Member

Post Number: 317
anyone???

Username: Elmagico

Post Number: 6
whats wrong with youre amp is PWM MOSFET Power Supply that amp should not be getting hot i reccomend you ad some type of cooling device .or check to see if youre fans are clogged or not working

Silver Member

Post Number: 318
The amp dosnt have fans. And some amps its ok to get a little hot but mine has gotten pretty d@mn hot before.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
are you sure it has no fans man that sucks ok well try this open youre amp and check the resistors that go straight to the chassis you may have a couple burned.open and send me a pic i cant find this amp no were online vargasfam824@comcast.net

Silver Member

Post Number: 319
http://www.maxxsonics.com/autotek/mm_amps_SuperD.html

That is my amp but i have the l400 model.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 42
were is youre amp mounted str8 to chassis of car or on the box.

Silver Member

Post Number: 320
Its in my trunk floor but its not screwed down yet, is that a problem?

Bronze Member
Username: Eezom

Naperville, IL United States

Post Number: 62
doesnt matter if its not screwed down
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us