Need suggestions

Username: Scorchedskulls41

Post Number: 4
I just got 2 Infinity Kappa Perfect 10.1D's. They are dual 4 ohm and take 400rms. i was wondering the best way to wire them up and what amp would be best to power them, i was thinking a 800watt 2 channel, trying to keep the budget under 300.

Silver Member
Username: Tdawg30

Ohio USA

Post Number: 203
ive got an mtx thunder 942 that does about 450x2 at 2ohms. that would work well. I can sell it to you for about 170 or so. email me if you want some pictures.trevor_d_15@hotmail.com

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 2442
^^^^ that amp should do 800w rms bridged.. that would be nice

Post Number: 5
would it be better to get a mono amp like the kicker kx1200.1 or should i stick to 2 channel amps

Silver Member

Ohio USA

Post Number: 204
depends on what else you have in your car. if you want to run another amp for your components, then a mono amp would be better because it doesnt strain the electrical system as much as a 2channel or 4channel amp does, but if its only the one 2channel, then you should be fine.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 2450
i'd go with a class D cuz is more efficient and won't put much strain to your alt like an A/B. You can get a 1000w rms amp at 1 ohm but is not going to have the same quality/durability of the MTX, so i would consider the mtx. You can get soundstream, massive, directed audio, hifonics....

Post Number: 6
my friend has an audiobahn DUB2801, would that be any good

Post Number: 7
or would somthing like i hifonics bxi1600D be better

Silver Member

Ohio USA

Post Number: 205
the DUB series isnt that great and hifonics are overrated. the mtx is ur best bet and for cheap too. its a great amp for what you need.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us