THE DREADED RATTLING

Bronze Member
Username: Bigman3889

Post Number: 12
so of course i got the trunk rattle going on and im looking into edead and fattmatt and dynamattt....but i think my bumper is rattling too....possibly also my brake light against my rear window...what can i do>?

Silver Member
Username: Makmillion

MN United States

Post Number: 529
suck it up?

I really don't think there's much you can do about the tail light, the bumper you could probably spray foam behind it to seperate the plastic cover from rattling on the steele mounts.

Silver Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 241
I would run a bead of clear silicone around the brake light :-) That should work pretty good. I work at a window/glass place and if I were you I would use NOVAFLEX silicone because that stuff sticks to anything and won't yellow like some other silicones.

Gold Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1128
hit ur car until you find a rattle then fix it.

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 3023
expanding foam. silicon. rubber/foam weather stripping. carpet padding....stuff like that works good for fixing rattles in cars.

but in a lot of cases, simply tightening down some screws works best, lol.

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

The biggity biggity BAY, California USA

Post Number: 1263
yeah i edeaded my whole trunk: lid, bottom, sides.. it still rattles the bumper like crazy! which rattles my license plate and its all bad lol. G@Y

Silver Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 919
spray that foam stuff in the bumber and mabe some silicon behing the license plate or soomthing to hold it out anyways so it doesent rattle.

Silver Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 920
my plate was rattlein wit my speakers wich were nuttin big but i jus put a piece of folded up paper behind it.

Gold Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 1402
heh - dynamat sells a license plate kit, Matt.

Username: Bobid77

Post Number: 5
Edead works well in a couple layers and is cheap on ebay. You could also pull your rear speaker deck and lay mattress pad foam(k-mart, joann fabrics)down which will keep light pressure on the lid and should stop most rattles.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us