HELP>>I GOT TWO HOURS TO DO THIS

Gold Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 1542
okay heres the deal.

my RE 12.1 is being weird haha. i have two hours to figure this out.

my head unit is a low end pioneer with a 2 volt RCA output

i have 2 diamond subs wired to 2 ohms, so the amp should be putting out 700 watts rms

on my head unit, since it is not a great one...i set the lows to -2, because any highher and my speakers rattle. there is no sub conrtol on the head unit

now heres the problem. with the gain all the way up, and the bass boost all the way up, the subs are not moving that much, but they are moving a little. i need to decide to send the amp back..or not..

the subs are not as loud as they are on my other amp, which is giving them like 450 rms total.

should i get a line driver to boost my voltage, would that help? do line drivers make the bass louder when you not gettin such a gread signal??? or do u think the amp is messed up.

oyea... one other thing, when i turn up the lows on my head unit to +6 and the volume up high....the bass is very loud, but it just seems weird bc i need to set everything to the max with the RE amp......

line driver???will it help?

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 3350
check your crossover points on the amp.

thats all i can think of.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1545
checked them

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2981
if the amp won't work off of 2V, what makes you think it'll work off of 4+??

set all your HU settings to zero.
turn the gain down. turn off any boosts.
set the crossovers on the HU to 80Hz low pass.
set the crososvers on the amp off or to the same as the HU.
double check your wireing and load on the amp.
turn the HU up half to 3/4 the way up and play a test tone, 50Hz is best.
slowly increase the gain.
if you have access to a True RMS DMM, turn the gains up till you hit 37V AC at the sub output on the amp. you may have to boost the sub a little, but don't boost too much.

thats about how you should properly go about setting the gains up on your amp and settings on your HU.

set your speaker crossovers to 100Hz High pass if they rattle. put the speakers oh 12dB/Octave and subs at 18-24dB/Octave. should blend nice if your speakers are decient.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1549
i will try....

Silver Member
Username: Cavsmaxima

New York United States

Post Number: 246
i guess what i told you didnt work?

Bronze Member
Username: Derick06

Texas, Rio G... United States

Post Number: 35
I have this same problem with my 12.1 i sent it back and they told me it was working great. I have it hooked up to my RE SX and it barely moves. Don't waste your money buying another head unit because I had a 2V alpine head unit and switched it to a Premier 880PRS and its the same thing. Try sending it back.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1566
so they didnt fix it???

Bronze Member
Username: Derick06

Texas, Rio G... United States

Post Number: 36
no they didn't they just sent it back and I still have it but I'm not using it. It sucks I paid 390 for the damn thing and it doesn't work. The only way that it works is if I set the gain like around 3/4 the way up but the sub bottoms out. And this only works on heavy bass music, sub doesn't move with other types of music.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1577
thats why i just ordered an ed nine.1
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us