Electrical system

Bronze Member
Username: Luigi05

Post Number: 22
Okay heres the deal. I want to buy a Kicker KX1200.1 to run one AQ SD2.5 dual 4 sub, but I eventually want to get another sub in the future. so should I upgrade my electrical system right now or wait till I can get the other sub.

I have a 2001 mustang GT, but I dont know the amperage I think it's 130 max and 90-100 @ idle

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 1752
upgrade now.

Username: Galen

Bay city , Tx United states

Post Number: 1
just wondering if anyone could help

I am helping out someone hook up there 2000 or 2001 stereo and I do not have a diagram.
Someone cut the harness so I can not get a wiring harness to hook up to it. I can figure out the speakers but I can not figure out which one acc 12 volt and which one is going to the battery

please help

Post Number: 2
it is a cavalier

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 1753
start your own thread, you'll get more help that way.

Post Number: 3
thanks

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
would a 200a alternator be good and i know I need a new battery but is there anything other than optima that is that good but maybe cheaper

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 1754
are you just keeping that one kicker 1200.1 or adding another? if just the one and you don't have alot of other amps also it'd be good. but it's always best to get the biggest alt. you can, just in case. and you don't really need an optima battery. and don't forget to do the big 3 when upgrading.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
I kind of get the big 3 but still a little confused and was wondering if anybody has pics of the Big three. Also should I use 0 ga wires or 4 ga for the Big 3

Silver Member
Username: Bernymac

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 222
http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=152355

It talks about the big 3 if thats what your asking for. 0ga wire also for 2nd question.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
Thanks berny that really helped out.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us