Confused... "Max RMS" power?

Gold Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 1306
Saw this picture of a birthsheet for a Zapco Reference 500.1 amp. It says "max rms" what is that supposed to mean? This amp is rated for 360 watts rms @ 4 ohms and 500 watts rms @ 2 ohms. So if this amp really puts out 536 wrms @ 4 ohms I wonder what it does at 2 ohms?!

Upload

Silver Member
Username: Alexv305

Tavernier, FL USA

Post Number: 427
check the fuse rating

Silver Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 186
That is very misleading lol.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 2318
you guys r kinda dumb... what they're saying with that is that the amp max RMS (that's the output) the amp will put... the amp won't exceed 536w rms! that's the limit... that's why is called max rms cuz is the maximum real rating...

Gold Member

MN

Post Number: 1308
Juliob, are thought we were cool? Now you have to go insult me like that? You little bitch! Haha, well I didn't know so I thought I would ask. Sheesh... :-)

Username: Sci

Post Number: 3
The only rating that matters is RMS. All these other wattage readings are meaningless.

RMS (Root Mean Squared) is a measure of the amp's ability to supply clean power over a continuous period.

This rating is important because it is used to indicate realistic power.

From the specifications alone, this is a mighty fine amplifier.

For more http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Root_mean_square
http://hometheater.about.com/b/a/238558.htm

Gold Member

MN

Post Number: 1309
Welcome to the forum SuperCoolIdea!

I understand all that, and I definately know that any Zapco amp is great. I just was confused why they said MAX RMS. Kind of a funny way to say it. :-)

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11605
max RMS means "RMS" really.
It's stated that way to be accurate. This means the peak RMS output will be as stated, since as volume lowers, and if the source is dynamic, and you're using an inductive or reactive load, you'll never see a sustained output of that RMS level anyway.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2324
^^^what i said lol!!! anyway isaac we're cool but all the other guys were like "WTF is max RMS" hehe lol kinda dumb... glasswolf is right as usual

Bronze Member
Username: Themax99se

Post Number: 50
juiliob, I can't stand reading your posts.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2338
then don't read it...

Silver Member
Username: Jcash

Post Number: 125
thats why most people dont care what julio has to say since hes always tryin to raise his post count......

Gold Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1108
Juliob: the amp won't exceed 536w rms!

I bet it would.

Juliob: ^^^what i said lol!!!

That is not what you said. Your a dumbas$.

Silver Member
Username: Tweeker

Post Number: 479
lol ^^^^ thats true though

Bronze Member
Username: Longbluesquid

Post Number: 58
yea some amps are underrated

Username: Sci

Post Number: 8
Thank you Isaac W. for the warm welcome! :-)

In the end, the maximum output of any amplifier will be dictated by the available power-supply current.

The amplifier, only 'turns-down' the voltage and current supplied to the load (speaker). By following minute input signals faithfully.

The absolute maximum power delivered to the speakers, would be to connect it directly to the power source. DONT!

Assuming 13.8 Volts 80 Amperes supplied by a typical running car alternator, with a 60 Ampere per hour 12 Volts lead-acid battery, you could theoretically sum the power and obtain 140 Ampere instantaneously from that supply.

But batteries have an interesting effect. A 60 A battery basically states it will deliver 60 Amperes of current for one hour, at its nominal voltage of 12 Volts. But should the need for higher current be needed, it could supply much more for short bursts.

So we'll just ignore the maximum peak transients for the moment, and stick with 13.8 V at 80 A.

Using this handy Ohm's Law calculator:
http://www.csgnetwork.com/ohmslaw2.html

One can explore the possibilities.

Also on the subject of amplifiers:
http://www.rocketroberts.com/techart/amp.htm

Awesome info there.

Platinum Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11620
that spec is a bridged RMS rating.
it's probably not stable @ 2 ohms bridged, so 536WRMS is your maximum output, continuous.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2340
you dumbasses glasswolf had to come to clear the things to you with the same things i said... f*ck you all that's why you guys never learn... just talking thras about the one who knows and jcash... if you care too much about raising your posts then start reading and learn some sh1t. I just come here cuz i like to help and i hate when a guy spends 1k on a sony system.

Lucas f*ck you... you know lanzar optidrive is good for the money already... you just can't admit it... well guess what... deal with it!

Gold Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1112
juliob ur a nub. get a life. and lanzar sux. when you finally get a real system then you'll know. until then just shut up and listen. maybe you'll learn something.

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3468
wow. is this really necessary??????

if were talkin bout lanzar amps, yes, they are not the best, but they are fine. a watt is a watt, and a kicker amp that does 1200 vs. a lanzar that does 1200 (clean) they are both the same amps, and will make ur subs sound exactly the same. the only diff is quality :-)

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

The biggity biggity BAY, California USA

Post Number: 1218
its ok juliob i think your coo

Gold Member

Post Number: 2346
lucas why you're so dumb!?? you never learn about budget brands and quality brands... cuz you're a big stubborn. Stupid if you can get 1200w rms clean for only 145$ and 1 year warranty... what are you crying for? instead of getting a 500$ amp to put the same power?? yeah... the quality so what in my case i don't pay for the quality cuz an amp is gonna fry eventually and you're going to upgrade it... but if i'm putting a expensive system... i'd pick an expensive amp for sure...

since you're such a stupid person i'm going to show you the article that shows the results of my amp... you lil dumb!

http://www.carsound.com/review_archive/amps/vibe1200d.html

Not the greatest amp but for the money... one of the best out there. See... is even underrated.. you don't deserve any credit at all cuz you talk without proofs... if i were you.. i'd stop a while and think more about car audio instead of messing with people.

Matt and bassman know the deal...

Silver Member

Post Number: 486
julio is the man f^ck lucas trying to make julio look bad for some reason maybe hes hating casue you know more than him? forget my statement i said up there i dint read the whole thread....

Gold Member

Post Number: 2358
i'm not going to argue if i don't have the reason... as simple as that... try ditching carsound lucas... you f*cking newbie

Gold Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1113
nice car and system juliob. i've been doing this longer than you've been around.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2379
who cares... your opinion is worthless

Gold Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1114
what do you know pancho? under your occupation it says tweaking all night. better watch out i think i saw the cops watching your house. they could come in any minute.

Silver Member
Username: Kaos15th

Post Number: 187
i cant believe a 24 year old is talking sh!!!t on the internet lolol some people just never grow up.....

Username: Kiker

Kearney, Nebraska US

Post Number: 9
Threads like these make Douche bags like me keep coming back to this site.

Gold Member

MN

Post Number: 1334
^^^ Ok...

Bronze Member

Kearney, Nebraska US

Post Number: 11
Its ok isaac. Its best just to stay calm

Gold Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1115
lol adam. i'm talking trash cause juliob is an idiot that just blabs about nothing and acts like he knows what he's talking about just so he can up his posts.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2399
seems like you do everything i do^^^you dumb... you don't know sh1t about car audio you just like to annoy people all day, this is the thread #450 we talk about the same thing and you always claim the same sh1t, you're right and don't have any evidence... guess what i do have evidence when i talk that's why i'm right.

Just go and buy some sony's

Gold Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1117
ok juliob i got an idea. lets both upload pics of our systems. im in phoenix right now, but i'll be home on monday and i'll send pics. will you do the same?

Silver Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 216
Juliob

Where did you get the LANZAR amp at?

Silver Member

Post Number: 490
haha lucas you fu ck!ng f@g im in phoenix right now if you want to talk sh!t wassup then meet me by 43rd ave and thomas well see whos tuff when you get shot you pus sy nig ga but you are too pus sy to meet me....... ANY PLACE ANY TIME

Gold Member

Post Number: 2410
joey... ebay hehe

Gold Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1118
pancho aren't you afraid of starting sh!!t with a white boy and getting deported? plus i'm here to drop off some hydo-ponic. i think that the brothers that im selling to would have fun with you. they like to play with little mexicanos like you.

Silver Member
Username: Bobimpact

Danbury, CT US

Post Number: 142
As a guy who works in the industry, and thus answers the same questions over and over I understand the point to be made about people not searching. This forum is not the easiest to navigate for a noob either. Let's all just relax though, it's a messageboard. :-)

Max RMS is a awesome term to confuse the hell out of a customer.

My favorite is still "Maximum Dynamic Power" from the old days. Amp rated at 500W RMS? You can damn sure bet MAX Dynamic Power is 2.5 Gigawatts. Gotta love CEA at least (kind of) creating some truth in advertising. I had a new amp walk in the other day with 40A worth of fuses and a giant sticker that claimed "700W Potential Power." Evidently truth in advertising only applies companies that care about their rep.

Bronze Member

Kearney, Nebraska US

Post Number: 15
lol ok well i hate to say it but im on lucas' side. I mean who ever has the best bud has the best system hands down. As long as he hooks a brother up. lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 491
hahahahahaha you bringin hydro from tulsa all the way to phoenix ROFL HAHAHAHAHAHA thts not were it comes from. Why would someone pay you when they can get it for cheaper here since were right by the border ....And if youre bringin hydro why u staying till monday?.... and fyi im born in AZ like i said meet me anytime ill be here but i know you wont youre too pu ssy for it.

Silver Member
Username: Kaos15th

Post Number: 190
LOL ^^^^ same thing i was thinkin they usually take stuff up north or far east not bring it southwest were theres a sh!tload of bud everywhere already LOL i know like 4 people who sell hydro here in New mexico and none of them get it from the east LOL damn wigger wanna be tuff on the internet..... pay no attention guys just ignore the wigger and he will eventually go away

Gold Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1122
ok pancho lets meet you little puto

Platinum Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11640
internet drama

Gold Member