Username: Alexv305

Tavernier, FL USA

Post Number: 402
What amp is better?

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2836
i doubt you can find a KX 2500.1 now, most of the KX series are gone. replaced by the ZX2500.1.

depends on which one best fits your needs. the ZX has max output at 2 ohms i think where the Orion will max at 1 ohms and will work at .5, but only if you have a killer charging system and be careful with the gains. KX has max output at 2 ohms too. kickers won't work well below 2 ohms.

i'd say the kicker's are more underrated then the orions, but not totally sure.

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1494
Kickers are built better and put out more power by at least a few hundred rms. A kicker can be ran down into 1 ohm without any problems but you better have a great charging system. The KX will be more exensive but has a better build quality, active cooling and just plain puts out more. The ZX line puts out a little more than the KX but in my opinion is uglier, lol. Polo..

Silver Member
Username: Alexv305

Tavernier, FL USA

Post Number: 403
Well see my plan was to run 2 treo SSX 15s on two kicker kx2500s. My treos are dual 2 ohm and u say that amp can be ran at 1 ohm with out damaging it right? You think this would be a good setup or would the orion be a better choice because it can take 1 ohm all the time?

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 2210
i'd go with the orion cuz is safer... if you're not sure about orion's power get a 3kw rms amp at 1 ohm for each SSX hehe lol!

but i agree with polo.. kicker has great quality and brandon is right too... it all depends about the wiring options
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us