Amp decesion

Silver Member
Username: Hnic_men

Post Number: 115
hey guys i need some advice here, im planing on gettin 2 12" kicker cvr's 400watts rms each, i can get them in 2ohms or 4ohms, so far i have came across 4 amps for these subs: Kicker Mono Subwoofer Amplifier (KX400.1),KENWOOD KAC-9152D 1800w MONO,Audiobahn DUB800D Class 'D',PHOENIX GOLD X400.1 400 WATT 1 CHANNEL MONOBLOCK, only difference is the kicker and phoenix gold amps are 400watt each so i'll have to get 2, if i do go with these whats the good and bad's about having 1 amp powering 1 sub.if u guys have any better sugestions let me know.

Silver Member
Username: Makmillion

MN United States

Post Number: 276
Get a Hifonics TX1005D with 2-dual 4 ohm CVRs and you'll be set.

I had that exact setup and sold the subs, still have the amp. The amp (((POUNDS))) the crap out of my eclipses now.. I recommend the amp, not sure about other Hifonics amps, though.

The kenwood KAC-X810D/KAC-X811D/KAC-X812D are all great amps for those subs as well, with the same wire config. I stated above.

If you're ging to get Kenwood, get eXcelon not the standard Kenwood.

Good luck!

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 2194
^^^^^i don't agree... the best thing you can do for the money is to get 2 dual 4 ohm CVRs and a hifonics 1206d or any amp putting 1000w rms at 1 ohm.

If you get the dual 2 ohm get kicker zx 750.1

Gold Member

Post Number: 2195
oh.... wait... the tx1005d is a good monoblock amp yeah... you can get it i thought that was their A/B amp line.... sorry mick

Silver Member
Username: Hnic_men

Post Number: 116
guys that hifonics is over powering thoese subs at 100watts dont u think this can hurt them?

Silver Member
Username: 2pacalypse1971

Sandusky, Oh

Post Number: 161
can't say i have experience with em, but from what i've learned, hi fonics doesn't put out its rated power, so if it says 1000 watts, it'll prolly put out 800 or a little bit more

Silver Member
Username: Atllefty12

FL.

Post Number: 361
How much are you willing to spend on the amp?

Silver Member
Username: Rick_ross

Post Number: 483
kicker zx750.1 or mb quart raa1000

Silver Member
Username: Atllefty12

FL.

Post Number: 363
I'll vote for the zx750.1 too!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2202
doesn't matter if you overpower those CVRs with 100 watts... and yeah i agree with audioque.. if you get the dual 2 ohm version i'd run the zx 750.1... great amp and good budget subs.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us